Forum Roleplay: Beginning of the End

kimiyosis

Jul 29, 2019
The Beginning of the End

Please Read Me!!!
Warning: Wall of Text. May induce headaches, face palms, rage, and/or boredom. If you have any of the following symptoms, please turn off your computer, and go get a beer, and sunbathe. This also had to be cut into several parts to fit...

Information About Forum Roleplays
This is a FORUM ROLEPLAY! Not for SERVER roleplay. This is to test your strategic thinking, and to possibly assist in your roleplay skills. So please, DO NOT ASK FOR THE SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backstory
Prelude
Welcome, to the beginning of the End! There had been news six months prior to the End. The news had been talking about how the governments projects. Specifically, a Bio-WMD, meant to take out the Taliban from Afghanistan. However, the methods of the government had been the target of societies' anger. The bio-weapon has been test forcibly on the humans, breaking every human rights law in the book, causing mass riots to happen at every political, military, police, labs, and medical buildings. Unfortunately, the riots, were the reason why there was an outbreak. A group of civilians broke through, and ransacked a laboratory. The civilians attempted to release the captives, and hit the unlock all button. Suddenly, all the lights went out, and everyone lost contact with the group inside. However, the silence didn't last. Soon, screams could be heard from inside the lab, and then...silence again. The police finally went in, armed to the teeth. Shots were fired, yelling could be heard, and the rioters lost contact with the second group. Then, a slow, stumbling walk could be heard, coming closer to the entrance. While everyone was waiting with hush breathe, the door opened. Like a floodgate that burst, a horde of something from everyone's nightmares charged out, sweeping aside the rioters like autumn leaves in a storm. All this happened in Washington.

Present
Washington was quarantined, but the horror didn't stop there. Soon, all of the states were infected. Next, the entire world. Several safe zones were scattered here and there, but the horde was an ever present danger, just lurking behind every corner, under every bridge, and definitely, in every major city! That's where you come in. The world needs more safe, and secure settlements!

Roleplay Mechanics
Each person are in charge of building up their OWN settlement! You have to worry about food supply, infections, disease(non-undead), water, building materials, population size, morales, and definitely the horde! To make things fair, I dictate special events by dice.
Council of the Die
The MOST important thing in this roleplay. The dice role probability. I will role 2 dice, and the outcome will be decided via said dice.
{Dice Roll Outcomes}
2: You have a telekinetic hold over the dice or something?
3: Loot, loot everywhere!
4: Go to Vegas with your luck sometime.
5: Nice stash ya got there.
6: Something usable?
7: Meh, the most average of the average
8: Only a scratch
9: Where is my arm?
10: My head! It hurts!!!
11: You got out alive...ish...
12: The world must hate you!
Mmm, Munchies...
Food is a major thing. At the beginning of every single 'turn', for every person INSIDE the settlement, the OP(me) deducts 3 food 'points', in terms of 3 meals a day. You can ration the food, but that decreases morale. For every person who goes without the slotted amount of food, they have a 25% chance to be sick, 25% chance to eat another person, 25% chance for death, and 25% chance to get lucky. Also, a hungry person can not be allocated to any task, until fed the next day. Minimal ration is 1 food point per person.
The Urban Desert
Water, like food, is required for survival. However, each turn, 5 points of water is used per person. However, this can be rationed to 1 point as well. However, unlike food, water is a much touchier subject. At 3 points of water, the person has a 25% chance to get sick, and 25% chance to die. Maybe they get lucky, maybe not. At 2 and 1 points, the chance to get sick or die increase by 25%, up to 75% in total for both sick or death.
I'm Rotting!!!
When you send a person out to scavenge, scout, or eradicate, they have a chance to get bit. When bit, there is a choice to amputate. However, amputation has a 100% chance to get sick(not infected, just sick), 25% chance to fail, and a 50% chance to just outright kill them. Can also be treated with vaccine, but these are RARE, with a capital RARE! If left untreated, there is a 50% chance for infected by the first day, 75% the second, and 100% the third day.
At Death's Door
Unfortunately, you can't just huddle in a corner. You have to send people into the cities and towns for equipment and supplies. Depending on the size of the group, will determine the chance to encounter the undead. However, in smaller groups, you have a less likely chance to survive if you do encounter the undead. It is a risk to reward ratio as well. Larger groups can carry more supplies back. Also, for every person outside the safe zone, they eat 2 point of food, and 3 points of water. It is up to you how much you want them to carry with them. The amount that can be carried by the group is 3 times the amount of people in the group. If the group runs out of food/water, there is a 100% chance for death, per person unsatisfied. Hey, the world is harsh!
Yo Peeps
Your population size, dictates the amount of workers available, and the chance of a horde attacking the settlement. Larger pop=More workers=More/Larger hordes. Simple stuff.
Hammer dem Nails
You can't have a safe zone, without walls, or houses. Each building requires a certain amount of certain materials. There will be a section with buildings and required materials below. To obtain materials, you will have to either dig, cut, farm(trees), or scavenge.
To Live or Not To Live
VERY IMPORTANT!!! Morale is what dictates between a successful settlement, and people just jumping over the fence to join the horde! Many, many things affect morale. A separate section will include the variables. Maximum moral is 100, minimal is -100. 0 means no changes.
Prepare for Combat!
For every idle person inside the settlement, that adds 1 point of defense. Certain buildings and upgrades may add or subtract defense points. Each zombie outside your gate subtracts a defense point. For every negative defense point, someone dies. For example: 5 defense point from buildings, 5 people idle inside, and 20 zombies at your gate. Your total defense points is -10. Meaning 10 people die. Also, every unit of weapons adds 1 point, up to double of the original defence point from POPULATION ONLY. For example: 5 defense points from buildings, 5 idle workers, 10 weapons, and 20 zombies. Only 5 weapons will be used, making that -5 points, meaning 5 people die. Same concept when a group is scouting.
Raiders, roll
Before you ask, yes, you can raid other player's settlements. The defense points works the same way, but instead of zombies, it's pop. Weapons, vehicles, etc... are also taken into account for the raiders though. So usually, the ones you watch out for are hostile forces.
Achoo!
When someone is injured, or sick, they get placed in the hospital. When a person is 'sick', they can not be sent to work
That is all for the mechanics of this roleplay!

kimiyosis

Jul 29, 2019
Roleplay Charts
This is where the charts for the buildings and morale changes are located.
Morale Changes
Basic morale changers.
Horde Spotted! -5
Horde Defeated! +10
Large Cache of Food/Water/Weapons/Building Materials Found! +10
Death! -5 per person
Beer Cellar Found! +20
Amputation! -2 per person
Rationed! -1 per person, -2 per person if both food and water were rationed
Person Infected! -1 per person bit
Building Materials
Lists the Buildings, Materials, and amount of idle Population required.
Bar: 5 metal, 5 glass, 20 wood, 20 pop
Church: 20 stone, 20 glass, 20 wood, 10 metal, 10 concrete, 30 pop
Barricade: 10 wood, 1 pop
Wooden Walls: 25 wood, 15 pop
Reinforced Walls: 25 metal, 5 wood, 20 pop
Stone Wall: 25 stone, 15 concrete, 5 metal, 25 pop
Barbed Wire: 10 metal, 1 pop
Small Warehouse: 20 metal, 20 stone, 10 concrete, 10 pop
Medium Warehouse: 50 metal, 50 stone, 25 concrete, 25 pop
Large Warehouse: 100 metal, 100 stone, 50 concrete, 50 pop
Small House: 5 wood, 2 glass, 10 pop
Medium House: 10 wood, 5 glass, 20 pop
Large House: 10 stone, 5 metal, 5 glass, 30 pop
Forge: 20 metal, 20 stone, 10 concrete, 10 pop
Watch Tower: 25 metal, 5 stone, 2 concrete, 20 pop
Wooden Gate: 10 wood, 10 pop
Reinforced Gate: 10 metal, 5 wood, 15 pop
Stone Gate: 10 stone, 10 metal, 5 concrete, 20 pop
Farm: 10 wood, 10 pop, and [Seeds]
Well: 5 stone, 20 concrete, 25 pop
Building Effects
The building's effect on def, and amount of pop required to run it. If it has [On/Off], it doesn't have to be operated. If no tag, it has to run EVERY turn!
[On/Off]Bar: -100 pop, -50 food, -50 water, -25 beer, +50 morale
[On/Off]Church: -25 pop, -10 food, -10 water, +25 morale, 25% chance for person to join the undead voluntarily.
Barricade: +1 Def(only build 2)
Wooden Walls: -1 pop, +5 Def
Reinforced Walls: -2 pop, +10 Def
Stone Wall: -3 pop, +20 Def
Barbed Wire: *2 Def per Wall and Gate Def total(only build 1)
Small Warehouse: -5 pop, +500 storage
Medium Warehouse: -10 pop, +1500 storage
Large Warehouse: -15 pop, +2500 storage
Small House: +2 pop
Medium House: +5 pop
Large House: +10 pop
[On/Off]Forge: -2 pop, +5 glass, -10 sand, -10 wood(or -2 pop, +5 rubber, -10 plastic)
Watch Tower: -2 pop, +4 Def
Wooden Gate: -1 pop, +1 Def
Reinforced Gate: -3 pop, +2 Def
Stone Gate: -5 pop, +3 Def
[On/Off]Farm: -2 pop, +5 food, -1 seed
[On/Off]Well: -2 pop, +5 water
Resource List
If the listed resource can not be made, you have to scavenge for them. 1 unit of a resource uses 1 unit of storage!
Metal
Glass
Wood
Sand
Concrete
Beer
Seeds
Gas
Weapons
Plastic
Rubber
Widgets
Med-Packs
Electronics
Vaccines
Vehicle Rebuild List
Vehicle can only be found! You have to repair it, and fuel it to drive. The listed amount of gas is used per day, and the listed materials are from a complete wreck. When a vehicle wrecks completely, EVERYONE inside is killed, and all resources inside is destroyed. To simplify the roleplay, you can only repair wrecked cars.
Helicopter: 25 glass, 10 rubber, 10 plastic, 100 metal, 75 widgets, 20 gas, 75 electronics
Compact Car: 10 glass, 20 metal, 10 widgets, 10 electronics, 10 gas, 10 rubber, 5 plastic
Van: 15 glass, 25 metal, 15 widgets, 10 electronics, 15 gas, 10 rubber, 5 plastic
Pick-Up Truck: 10 glass, 40 metal, 20 widgets, 20 rubber
Hummer: 50 metal, 25 electronics, 30 gas, 25 widgets, 30 rubber
Tank: 75 metal, 50 electronics, 50 gas, 50 widgets
Cargo Truck: 30 metal, 20 electronics, 30 gas, 25 widgets, 50 rubber, 10 plastic
Single Engine Plane: 25 metal, 15 electronics, 10 glass, 5 rubber, 10 widgets
Commercial Plane: 200 metal, 75 electronics, 25 glass, 25 rubber, 75 widgets, 50 gas
Ambulance: 20 metal, 30 electronics, 5 glass, 10 rubber, 10 widgets, 20 gas
Fire Truck: 30 metal, 10 electronics, 5 glass, 25 rubber, 10 widgets, 25 gas
Police Car: 10 glass, 25 metal, 10 widgets, 10 electronics, 10 gas, 10 rubber, 5 plastic
Riot Truck: 40 metal, 25 electronics, 5 glass, 25 rubber, 15 widgets, 25 gas
Smart Car: 10 metal, 25 electronics, 25 plastic, 5 widgets, 1 glass, 1 gas
Motorcycle: 5 metal, 10 electronics, 5 rubber, 10 widgets, 10 gas
RV: 30 metal, 15 electronics, 15 glass, 25 rubber, 10 widgets, 25 gas
Bus: 30 metal, 10 electronics, 25 glass, 25 rubber, 10 widgets, 25 gas
Vehicle Storage And Seating
Helicopter: 6 pop, 10 storage
Compact Car: 5 pop, 20 storage, +1 Def
Van: 7 pop, 30 storage, +2 Def
Pick-Up Truck: 4 pop, 30 storage, +2 Def
Hummer: 8 pop, 20 storage, +10 Def
Tank: 2 pop, 10 storage, +15 Def
Cargo Truck: 2 pop, 50 storage, +3 Def
Single Engine Plane: 4 pop, 10 storage, +1 Def
Commercial Plane: 5 pop, 100 storage, +5 Def(+20 pop when used as housing)
Ambulance: 6 pop, 25 storage, +5 Def
Fire Truck: 6 pop, 25 storage, +5 Def
Police Car: 5 pop, 20 storage, +5 Def
Riot Truck: 10 pop, 20 storage, +10 Def
Smart Car: 2 pop, 5 storage, +1 Def
Motorcycle: 1 pop, 5 storage, +1 Def
RV: 8 pop, 25 storage, -2 Def(+5 pop when used as housing)
Bus:

Roleplay Rules
1)No power-gaming, meta-gaming. Do not act like you can beat everything! And do not control others!

3)Put your favorite band and song in the other section, so I know you read the rules.

4)Tell me I missed having a rule 2 in the others section as well.

5)Have Fun!

Application
Code:
[b]Settlement Name:[/b]
[b]Settlement Location(country):[/b]
[b]Suggestions:[/b]
[b]Others:[/b]

During Roleplay
During the roleplay, at the bottom of your post, I want to see a list of resources used! And ALL settlements start with wooden walls, wooden gate, and 3 small houses, and 50 units of food, water. You post what your settlement/pop are doing, and my post will be the outcome.
[DOUBLEPOST=1364312134][/DOUBLEPOST]Roleplay FAQ
Q)Why is there a tank?
A)Because, I felt like it.

Q)Why a commercial plane? That's ridiculous to have in an apocalypse! Just why?
A)Why do you think it takes alot of res to fix, and gas to power? Besides, it's there for...other purposes >.>

Q)Why so unfair? So much bad luck!?
A)The dice must hate you then...

Q)This wall of text is bad, why need so much?
A)Buddy, I warned you right in the beginning with a please read me.

Q)These resource requirements are too high! Why?
A)That's life. Pay more for better items.

Q)This is so confusing, why couldn't you make this easier?
A)Trust me, I was planning to add ages, and death by old age, heart attack, and different types of sickness, with different variables. I decided to lump them together, and take out ages. So you don't have to worry about 150+ different problems simultaneously. And I didn't add vehicles using gas function.

Q)Maybe because your to lazy to figure it out? Is that why you didn't go all out?
A)Eh...maybe...>.>.....moving on now.

Q)Can you add [blank]?
A)Perhaps use the suggestion part of app. But I'll think about it.

Q)This is stupid. Fix it!
A)That's not a question, and if you don't like it, just go read a different thread.

Q)Why does the bar use sooooooo much?!
A)The bar, where the biggest parties happen!

Q)The church made people join the undead voluntarily?
A)The priest preached something about the undead is with us, by heart, and humans are the undead by heart. Not planning to explain myself...

Q)We can only repair completely wrecked cars? Why?
A)...I didn't add reduced stats for damaged vehicles...but, you can destroy the car yourselves, and repair it. Though I don't see the reason in doing that >.>

Q)What is the point in the planes, besides storage and housing?
A)They don't use fuel when flying. They can carry cargo. There are other settlements/roleplayers around the area. Trade routes maybe?

Q)How much time do you have on your hands to make this roleplay?
A)Um...6 months, of ten minutes per day?

Q)The motorcycle has no glass, and has easy recipe for repairs. Why?
A)*cue audible sigh*Low resource requirements, to low stats.

Q)Any random events?
A)Yes, also affected by dice rolls. And no, not saying what the events are.
[DOUBLEPOST=1364312187][/DOUBLEPOST]Current Members
None yet, care to change that?
Start when 3 members join.

ArcticW01f

Jul 29, 2019
not to intrude or anything but form games are easy ways to have fun simple rules and fun time for a bit something this elaborate I don't know bro jest saying before you do a game man.

kimiyosis

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I didnt see any forum roleplays here, so was just testing my luck.
Usually there might be a few roleplayers around, so...yeah XD.
Meh, If no one joins, I lose a game that I didn't expect to live anyways...

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Settlement Name:Warehouse 13
Settlement Location(country):Whatever country South Dakota is in.
Suggestions:None
Others:Anything by Skrillex. And you missed number 2.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking