Forum mods are so nice

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
On the wiki...
lol2.png

we ban people for adding two line breaks on new pages. It's even automated.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
BAM! Banned! You do that by adding two "real" line breaks to start a another paragraph.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
BAM! Banned! You do that by adding two "real" line breaks to start a another paragraph.
Umm.... I guess things have changed since I last played around with HTML then, because when I played around with it, HTML didn't recognize those.

Or are you saying you put the <br> at the end of one line, then hitting enter, then putting another <br>, then hitting enter again? I guess you can do that. It's just a bit more effort for the same effect.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Simply press enter twice, then you will start a new paragraph. Also you could just write <br/> instead of <br>. <br/> is proper code (because each tag needs to be closed and one-tag-tags are closed via this <xxx/> syntax (compare to (what I call) two-tag-tags like <span>xxx</span>)).

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Umm.... I guess things have changed since I last played around with HTML then, because when I played around with it, HTML didn't recognize those.

Or are you saying you put the <br> at the end of one line, then hitting enter, then putting another <br>, then hitting enter again? I guess you can do that. It's just a bit more effort for the same effect.

You should be using <p> for paragraphs, not <br><br>. Pressing enter twice creates a new paragraph on wikis.

The p tag creates a new paragraph with the proper margin which is what you are looking for.

Reactions: Jess887cp

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, I'm also learning during work on the wiki by looking at examples from (mainly) Jinbobo. My knowledge stems from the time, when HTML 4 was fresh and shiny. CSS was never heard of back then.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I started learning HTML4 at first too, but then XHTML and CSS came out and now HTML5 and CSS3.