Forgecraft 1.6 mod updates

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have recently watched first episode of Direwolf20's multiplayer series on Forgecraft 2 and I wonder, what can we expect within the modpack. What do you expect guys? Is there any confirmed info about new things coming there, like XyCraft?

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I think Xycraft should be on the Forgecraft 2 server. I thought I heard Direwolf and Soaryn talking about Xycraft being tested in that server while he was still doing just Forgecraft 1. Multiblock generators were teased a couple times, as well as a laser-based power system.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can give you an arbitrary time. 4 weeks (NOTE: this is pulled completely out of my non-existant hat, and bears no resemblance to anything in reality).

Seriously, FC2 is the experimental "OMG, EVERYTHING'S GONNA BREAK!" server. When they update FC1, then the pack is slightly more imminent, but still a few weeks off, more than likely.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
It's just Forgecraft 1 with removed content (or rather content that hasn't been updated to 1.6 yet) and more gimmicky mods. Why bother.
Stained clay may have a few pretty colors (thank you Etho for showing me the light), but overall 1.6 was a pretty bad update. Most mod authors haven't put anything too amazing in their 1.6 builds yet either, unlike 1.5 that got, among other amazing updates, Tinker's Construct and Natura.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
It's just Forgecraft 1 with removed content (or rather content that hasn't been updated to 1.6 yet) and more gimmicky mods. Why bother.
Stained clay may have a few pretty colors (thank you Etho for showing me the light), but overall 1.6 was a pretty bad update. Most mod authors haven't put anything too amazing in their 1.6 builds yet either, unlike 1.5 that got, among other amazing updates, Tinker's Construct and Natura.

But...but....HORSIES!

Reactions: SpitefulFox

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
I saw on JadedCat stream that they will be reseting a map on FC2 in october so don't you worry about getting new mods there - they will be for sure. Espacially i'm waiting for Thermal Expansion 3 and Thaumcraft with new things for golem control. Also XYcraft is a must have mods - especially for blocks for decorations and tanks.

Reactions: PureEvil