Windows .exe Forestry needs work

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr0me1

Jul 29, 2019
There is five items in forestry which will crash your game, they are as follows:
-Balsa Sapling
-Sequoia Sapling
-Larch Sapling
-Cherry Sapling
-Lime Sapling

If you try and spawn them in with N.E.I. your game will crash, also if you scroll down to them in the decorations tab of the creative menu you will crash. The full error report is located here: http://www.pastebin.com/4yWtfEKP I will personally look into why this is happening and hopefully you will find out before I do.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
There is five items in forestry which will crash your game, they are as follows:
-Balsa Sapling
-Sequoia Sapling
-Larch Sapling
-Cherry Sapling
-Lime Sapling

If you try and spawn them in with N.E.I. your game will crash, also if you scroll down to them in the decorations tab of the creative menu you will crash. The full error report is located here: http://www.pastebin.com/4yWtfEKP I will personally look into why this is happening and hopefully you will find out before I do.
Many of the mods are still filtering out all the bugs.
I believe this is one of the many NEI bugs, and it should be fixed soon :)

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this problem before. They were also a bug that wipes the graphics from the NEI interface. Disabling them from view from the NEI list can fix this issue I believe.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
With Mojang now releasing new releases at the rate of one of week or so, I mean FTB uses 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 is now the offical release and 1.4.5 is in pre-release, I'm not at all convinced that we will ever now get a version where all the mods work at anyone time

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
With Mojang now releasing new releases at the rate of one of week or so, I mean FTB uses 1.4.2 and 1.4.4 is now the offical release and 1.4.5 is in pre-release, I'm not at all convinced that we will ever now get a version where all the mods work at anyone time
Mojang's updates going at this rate tend not to be very labour intensive when it comes to adapting mods but you're right, it's fairly annoying.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed, Mojang are making life hell for modders. We need to get to a stable version number, and stick with it for a while. Updates/fixes are great, but it's hurting the modding scene.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, Mojang are making life hell for modders. We need to get to a stable version number, and stick with it for a while. Updates/fixes are great, but it's hurting the modding scene.
They know how much of a pain this is going to be to update. But when it comes to such bugs and errors like the ones they've had it's necessary and I'm sure they're doing what they can to ease the strife.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
But do they? I mean, if they are talking to, and listening to the modders then all well and good, but if they are now just persuing a new policy without regard for the modders, well that's bad news indeed.

I have no idea which version is closer to the truth, just worried its the later.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
But do they? I mean, if they are talking to, and listening to the modders then all well and good, but if they are now just persuing a new policy without regard for the modders, well that's bad news indeed.

I have no idea which version is closer to the truth, just worried its the later.
In the past they have.
They've made updates before that were designed to be as painless for modders as possible and they've worked with the bukkit team at times too.

I can only assume they're well aware and are still trying, though first and foremost, they have the game itself in mind first. They can't afford to be worried about modders alone, they have to prioritize the vanilla game before anything else. It's their job and responsibility.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
they have to prioritize the vanilla game before anything else. It's their job and responsibility.
I'm not sure about that, I wonder how many play with at least one mod vs how many play vanilla, it wouldn't surprise me if at least 50% played with at least 1 mod or other.

Some Tekkit lets plays on Youtube attract 1.2m views, I would assume nearly all of those play Tekkit, indeed I would assume more play Tekkit than watch those videos. Now Mojang have sold 8m Minecrafts, I would also assume that around 25% of those no longer play. By my calculation that means that around 33% of MC players play Tekkit, then when you add in all the none Tekkit mods...

Overall, I think Mojang need to concentrate on Minecraft the platform, not Minecraft the game.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure about that, I wonder how many play with at least one mod vs how many play vanilla, it wouldn't surprise me if at least 50% played with at least 1 mod or other.

Some Tekkit lets plays on Youtube attract 1.2m views, I would assume nearly all of those play Tekkit, indeed I would assume more play Tekkit than watch those videos. Now Mojang have sold 8m Minecrafts, I would also assume that around 25% of those no longer play. By my calculation that means that around 33% of MC players play Tekkit, then when you add in all the none Tekkit mods...

Overall, I think Mojang need to concentrate on Minecraft the platform, not Minecraft the game.
Irrelevant. Without a decent Minecraft build there is no mod or modpack.

NosajDraw

Jul 29, 2019
Irrelevant. Without a decent Minecraft build there is no mod or modpack.
The game has already attracted 8m players, and in its current form will continue to attract new players, it is Minecraft the platform that will make MC stellar, not MC itself.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
The game has already attracted 8m players, and in its current form will continue to attract new players, it is Minecraft the platform that will make MC stellar, not MC itself.
That doesn't mean they can just allow bugs to exist for the sake of easier modding.
If they're told about bugs, they're gonna fix them. Mod or no mod.

Florastar

Jul 29, 2019
This has nothing to do with the current topic. You can make a new topic or move it to private conversation.

chr0me1

Jul 29, 2019
I found i temp. fix, all you gotta do is start a ssp creative world and scroll down in the decorations all the way down then it is fixed until you log out

Status
Not open for further replies.