Forestry multifarm, y u no worky?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
A couple screenshots to show what's going on:

2013-02-01_171233_zps24d11551.png

2013-02-01_171227_zps75c1731e.png

For fun, in Superflat, I decided to try to design a fully automated tree farm system (fertilizer production's gonna be tricky, but I can do it with GregTech.) The farm seems to not be laying down any Humus. However, if I put some down, it decides to lay down Saplings. May I ask about this?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's not certain where to place things because it is touching more than one valid layer of farm blocks (stone brick)?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's not certain where to place things because it is touching more than one valid layer of farm blocks (stone brick)?

Interesting theory, I'll test that as soon as it switches to Sphax.

EDIT: Does it have to be *in* a layer of Stone Brick or just *touching* it? For instance, if I wanted it to put stuff down on top of the bricks one layer below the farm, would it do that for me?

EDIT 2: That didn't work, uploading screenshots to prove it.

EDIT 3:

2013-02-01_172541_zps9a4cc653.png
2013-02-01_172546_zps915d78ea.png

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Sengir changed it to require dirt, not humus. He made the farms automatically use the fertilizer in them to create the humus when it goes to place it.

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure it's having trouble differentiating between the blocks that are designated farmland and the rest.. You're using the same bricks. I'm pretty sure they need to be the same block in the patterns listed on the wiki and the surrounding blocks something different.

You used the same bricks in the second picture too.

Min

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't DW20 and Mindcrack packs on version 2.0.0.2? I'm playing with one right now and its using humus on a normal oak tree farm.

And I have a question... I noticed no saplings were coming out... and I was confused, then I clicked the multifarm and noticed they were there in the top right corner. Is there a way to pipe some out, or will it start pipeing out when all 4 slots are full stacks?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't DW20 and Mindcrack packs on version 2.0.0.2? I'm playing with one right now and its using humus on a normal oak tree farm.

Ah, I'm playing a custom modpack based around Mindcrack with a few additions (most notably Universal Electricity) and a few removals (most notably MFFS and Computercraft.)

They won't autopipe out the saplings, you need an Engine or an Autarchic Gate.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019

And I have a question... I noticed no saplings were coming out... and I was confused, then I clicked the multifarm and noticed they were there in the top right corner. Is there a way to pipe some out, or will it start pipeing out when all 4 slots are full stacks?
As far as I understand the 4 slot areas in the top right:
top left is for humus/dirt (the ground on which the work is done)
top right is for saplings/seeds (the stuff planted on the ground)
bottom two are for the farmed results, waiting to be piped out.

Saplings/Seeds/... will first fill the top right, so that the farm always has material to replant. Only excess then is switched to output.

Min

Jul 29, 2019
Oops yea, I meant the top right corner that has 6 slots, and good to know, thanks a bunch :)

RadioactiveSand

Jul 29, 2019
snip

They won't autopipe out the saplings, you need an Engine or an Autarchic Gate.

Thats not entirely true. The farms will automatically output into an inventory if it is directly below the hatch. I have a RP2 relay below my rubber farm that the rubber gets automatically dumped into from the farm. You only need the engine, gate, or RP2 transposer, filter, or retriever if you're trying to pipe stuff out the top or sides of the hatch.