Forestry Bee automation

samurai_shawn2

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if there was a way to automate bees with buildcraft pipes but without the apiarist's pipe as i am on version 2.4.1.24 and it seems that it was not around then.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I guess you can use diamond pipes to route the princesses and drones back into the apiary.

You're on MC 1.7 right? You should probably update Forestry to version 3.2 if that's an option. I think it also has apiarist's pipes.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, diamond pipes actually work better than Apiarists for simple Apiary recirc.

If you don't have diamonds, you can use eIO item conduits or TE3 item conduits.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
In order (may miss some as I've not used all mods) of best to worst, simplest to most laborious setups.

Best most simple way to automate Apiaris = Extra Utils transfer nodes/pipes
Then EnderIO which are kinda most complicated to setup
Then BC pipes
and lastly TE which tbh I found completely useless and buggy and ended up losing bees no end (will never use these again).

So an explanation as to why I say EXUt are the best, they are because of one very simple factor and that is you can whack the pipe with a stick and set direction. So you don't have to mess about configuring the extract or insert in any way shape or form it simply pulls out the produce/bess and inserts the bees on a first come service so don't use for breeding only for production. Then the rest hit the one-way system and head for the storage area. A bit like using iron pipes, so simple, easy to setup, can't go wrong (which is important) and is a system you can 110% rely on and from someone who does bees, bees, bees and more bees a LOT trust me I know.

EnderIO are pretty good but nowhere as easy to setup as ExUt system.

BC is old and messy with gates and stuff.

Lastly if you're still playing 1.6 and below I would suggest that you never ever use TE itemducts, I had one very bad experience with them and lost my entire set of production bees due to the pipes throwing the bees out of the system.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 I have been using a computercraft lua script from http://www.computercraft.info/forum...ding-with-openperipherals-now-with-bee-matron to automate Forestry Apiary or Gendustry Apiary

I haven't have any issue with TE itemducts. But ExtraUtilities pipes might be better since RWTema is a big fan of bees

Gendustry/Resonate Rise 2.9.x

8UDmb.png

8UDmA.png

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Are we talking breeding or item production?

For production, all you need is a wooden pipe, a redstone engine, a redstone torch and two normal pipes (stone/cobble/gold/etc) per apiary.

Set it up so the pipes come out the side of the apiary (through the wooden pipe), go around the corner and into the bottom. Bees will go into the apiary. Items and excess drones will not go back into the apiary, so they'll fall out the bottom pipe and into a conveniently placed water stream (or obsidian pipe).

LoGaL

Aug 4, 2013
for production only there is a logistic pipe module to automate apiaries