Flat Mushroom biome always day mystcraft world??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tonic316

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking to make a mystcraft world like the buildcraft world streamer bacon donut has. It's an always at noon flat mushroom world that he quarries and runs his matter fabricator with solar power out of.

I have tried googling but cant find any sites that give a combo of pages that would make a stable world like that. I don't need any special veins, just standard terrain. But I need it always day time and mushroom world so no mobs spawn.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Mushroom Biome
Single Biome
Flat
No Weather
Normal Lighting (or Bright/Dark if you prefer)
Zero Length
Noon
Normal Sun
Normal/Dark Moon (doesn't matter which one)
Normal/Dark Stars (again, doesn't matter which one)
Optional pages you might want go here (Strongholds / Mineshafts / Dungeons for the extra loot, Underground Lakes if you want lava lakes to generate and get obsidian)
Clear Modifiers

This will create a flat Mushroom Biome age, with no weather, where the sun is in the center of the sky and never moves.

Note that unless you use the Cave page along with the other optional pages I listed above, no caves will generate. This is better for a quarry age as caves are empty space which reduces the amount of ores that can generate. More solid blocks = More space for ores. Use this page only if you plan on mining manually as well.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Another, more interesting alternative to a sun that simply sits there, is to have two suns that orbit in opposite ends of the sky. Example;

Normal Length
East
Rising
Normal Sun
Normal Length
East
Setting
Normal Sun

You could also set some sunset colors too, if you'd like. This will make an eternal sun age, just like No Length Noon, but will do it in a much more interesting manner.

tonic316

Jul 29, 2019
Mushroom Biome
Single Biome
Flat
No Weather
Normal Lighting (or Bright/Dark if you prefer)
Zero Length
Noon
Normal Sun
Normal/Dark Moon (doesn't matter which one)
Normal/Dark Stars (again, doesn't matter which one)
Optional pages you might want go here (Strongholds / Mineshafts / Dungeons for the extra loot, Underground Lakes if you want lava lakes to generate and get obsidian)
Clear Modifiers

This will create a flat Mushroom Biome age, with no weather, where the sun is in the center of the sky and never moves.

Note that unless you use the Cave page along with the other optional pages I listed above, no caves will generate. This is better for a quarry age as caves are empty space which reduces the amount of ores that can generate. More solid blocks = More space for ores. Use this page only if you plan on mining manually as well.

Should I throw no sea in there so i dont get any oceans?

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Should I throw no sea in there so i dont get any oceans?

You shouldn't get any oceans with single biome symbol (unless you specify ocean biome).
Note that if you're using Mystcraft 0.10.4, the exact same sequence of symbols can generate different results. So you may have to re-create the "same" age if you get instability / unwanted features.

tonic316

Jul 29, 2019
Phantom27's order of pages worked perfectly. Only one issue is I get a ton of tall ass trees. Anyways to get rid of that? If not I'll just deal with it.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Phantom27's order of pages worked perfectly. Only one issue is I get a ton of tall ass trees. Anyways to get rid of that? If not I'll just deal with it.

If you are talking about those really huge oak trees, there's a page for those (Huge Trees iirc). Check the symbols in your descriptive book to see if it got added along with all the rest. I'm not 100% sure on this, as the age generation system keeps changing (and I don't even know which version you're using), but I think sometimes you might get symbols you didn't add yourself when generating an age. If that's what's happened, try creating the age again.

If you are talking about regular vanilla trees, then there's no way to get rid of those as far as I know. You could always go with a desert biome instead though. It'll always be day so you don't have to worry about mobs spawning above ground anyway.

tonic316

Jul 29, 2019
Its large trees like what you see in twlight forest. And we are using 10.0.1 from FTB ultimate. It's probably just randomly thrown in there. Along with the witch houses with no witches I assume. Regardless thank you soooo much for the order of operation. I shall quarry the shit out of this place.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Do remember that if using GregTech, you won't find any Bauxite in a Pure Mushroom biome world.
And bauxite is pretty important.

Wosher

Jul 29, 2019
You will find bauxite and our quarry age is a mushroom biome world so your all good :) sorry for slow reply had to go and eat.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
You HAVE TO add terrain/structure modifiers or the rngeesus will add it in for you, flats worlds put in caves, dungeons, ravines (and anything else you can think of) so you can't see them