Fir Wood registered correctly

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with Fir wood logs and planks in that they are not registered correctly in several mods, I can't use them interchangeably for vanilla planks to make many items (BC redstone engines for instance) and their saplings aren't recognized by a fermenter. But making Vanilla items works just peachy. Is there a way to fix this on my end, or do i have to wait for the xtrabiomes/forestry/BC folks to sort it out between themselves?

I'm left to believe since its spread across several mods its a problem with an XtraBiomes internal setting.. but I've no clue.

For now I just have to get a SC logger to make me some vanilla trees I guess.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Wood has just recently been added to the ore dictionary in forge. So, only mods that now use the ore dictionary will be able to use ore dictionary wood planks. Many of them have multiple recipes to change to the ore dictionary item instead of the vanilla item. It takes time, and even some of the rapidly updated ones like Thermal Expansion still miss individual item recipes from time to time (Sawmill will be fixed in next release). If the mod you are trying to use has a bug tracker, submit one so the authors can go in and fix the recipes.