Finding Nether Bees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThePokepika99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on FTB Unleashed 1.1.2.
I'm doing tons of Bee breeding. Challenge is to breed 'em all.
But now I encountered problem. I was trying to breed Abysmal bees, but then I noticed: "Hey! I don't have any Embittered bees!" I know, that you will get them from destroying Nether Hives with scoop. Nether Hives spawn in Nether. But...
WHERE ARE THESE DAMN HIVES!? I have searched for hours but haven't found single Nether Hive.
I tried to build quarry in Nether. It failed, because... Well. Things.
Now I'm trying to make CoM(Cart of Mining), basically Steve's Carts with Galgadorian stuff.
Maybe then I will find some?
So now I'm asking, does awesome community of FTB have any good ways of finding them? Or do I have to mine chunks off Nether to get on... Princess... (My luck)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Caving the lower levels of the nether is a good way to find them. Also a TiCo hammer will help. I just started branch mining the nether and found several hives in low level intersecting caves. I wasn't looking for hives, but that should give some indication that this method works.

Reactions: Blastedsura

Labhras

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I just wandered around til I found them sticking out of a wall. Make sure you keep an eye out for infernal hives too. I have a link to one of my earlier posts if you need further info on infernals.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Nether Hives are always in a wall surrounded by Netherrack, so they won't be buried inside of massive Netherrack (exception if there are caves inside). If I'm not mistaken, they can be found at heights between 20 and 70.