Finding bases in ftb?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sayhisam1

Jul 29, 2019

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Ive honestly got no idea what hes using but beat him at his own game. First 50k blocks is nothing. Get a inv full of res. ender and start chugging. I doubt he would be able to track that sort of randomness. Then, there are a ton of ways to defend your base. Try calclavias MFFS which runs solely on power, and set it up to kill everyone that isnt you two and collect their items instantly at max range. Rotarycrafts freeze ray would work incredibly, and setup a script that once a sensor detects a player thats not you or your friend it sends a message to your smartphone via a web app, and then you can get on and tracker him and laugh in his face, as you pull out a wooden sword and kill him (just kidding use a gravel gun). When your not online backpack up everything you own and leave the server. When you get back on drink another bucket of ender and setup base again and continue this until your able to get a mffs security field. If its factions shouldnt it be safe from raiding? If you getting hit with bores, use lapis blocks and bedrock sprinkled around your base to be invicible to that (I think bores dont mine lapis blocks, @Reika ?). Really important question, is it a cracked server?

Reactions: RealSketch

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
(I think bores dont mine lapis blocks, @Reika ?)
Where did you get that idea?

Also, the RC cave scanner is good for finding hidden (underground) bases.
kisDw7E.png

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, ya I wasnt sure, I remember some sort of automatic mining thing that said it wouldnt break lapis blocks. Wow how have I never seen the cave scanner.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
also pneumaticcraft gives you this cool ironman-like helmet that can detect blocks use that and you can look for non naturaly occuring blocks etc.

Reactions: Padfoote

jaycron

Jul 29, 2019
If you use waila as your minimap, you can set the overlay to show loaded chunks, and then other players really stand out on the map since you can track them by the chunks they're loading.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Opis minimap would destroy any attempt at hiding a base by displaying any loaded chunks in a world. all you need is player being online at the same time and if their hang around at one spot that where their base is. There is nothing player could do to prevent that.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
OpenBlocks has a mapping thing that might be able to map out underground areas, but only if you walk over them I believe.

scantrontb

Jul 29, 2019
If the player is using 100% legit means as per that admin you guys asked... why not just ask the ADMIN how he's doing it? if he's any kind of good admin he'll be able to tell you exactly how he's doing it, therefore making if easier for you to plan around, but if he won't give you the info, then either he's not sure himself and therefore it COULD be non-legit means and he's just not able to detect them... or he knows they're not legit and is just stringing you guys along by saying they are legit... either way, i'd drop that server and find /make a new one, and only whitelist you and your other friends that you don't have a problem with .

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I was messing with opis and here we go if you go to opis overlayer for mean time it displeys all chunks on the map that have tile entites. then you just click on the chunk and it will display you all the tile entities in that chunk. So even if there is no chunk loading, etc. it will tell you that in that particular chunk is let's say hopper, then you know it is someone who placed it there so it must be someone base there.