Filtered hopper? (AEII Seed Automation)

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Hai everyone;
So, here's the thing, I've been trying to find a way to automate the production of the pure crystals from Applied Energistics 2; Everything was going well, I set a ME Formation Plane that drops crystal seeds directly into a water block surrounded by Crystal Growth Accelerators; Now, here's the problem: I can't use a hopper to collect the crystals, it will collect the seeds instead; So, the obvious solution would be a filter of some sort, right? The real problem is, I can't find anything that does that. A filtered hopper of some sort. I've tried the Grated Hopper from Hopper Ducts, but it didn't work the way I wanted. PneumatiCraft's hopper would work, I think, but I don't have it installed, and don't intend to, honestly.
The modlist can be found here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-phoenix-craft-v2-0-07-skylands-tech-magic.50284/

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
or look up the basic vanilla hopper-powered item filter, it uses a comparator to keep the hopper filled just enough that only 1 type in all slots exists and as soon as it fills more it will allow extraction

cjb005

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla hopper filter works but it causes a pretty noticeable fps drop, is there something more lag-free?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla hopper filter works but it causes a pretty noticeable fps drop, is there something more lag-free?
If you actually read the whole thread, you may find a few solutions being suggested.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Got Extra Utilities? Item Transfer node with a filter and world interaction upgrade. Random Things Advanced Item Collector can be filtered to only grab certain items. But I think you need one for each type.

Direwolf had a turtle program to pick up and replace PneumatiCraft PCB's. It should work just fine for seeds. It compares them to a specific slot and checks to see if it's the same item and if not it drops it and waits.

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
Got Extra Utilities? Item Transfer node with a filter and world interaction upgrade. Random Things Advanced Item Collector can be filtered to only grab certain items. But I think you need one for each type.

Direwolf had a turtle program to pick up and replace PneumatiCraft PCB's. It should work just fine for seeds. It compares them to a specific slot and checks to see if it's the same item and if not it drops it and waits.

You don't need multiple advanced item collectors for multiple items in 1.7.10 anymore.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I made a video on how to do it here -

The filtered hopper went through a state of working fine to making the seeds bounce so much they didn't grow, don't know if it works fine again, haven't used one in ages.

This isn't the only way to do it but it will give you an idea.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. I wasn't aware of that, because 1.7.10 doesn't run very well on my computer. I eventually gave up before getting to Adv Item Collectors.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I used to forget about their existence all the time but now I always remind myself that translocators can do everything a hopper cant.

cjb005

Jul 29, 2019
Don't assume I'm one of those people, I have read the whole thing. The reason I asked is because the suggestions don't work for what I want to do. Most people want designs for functionality, but I'm building a machine centered around aesthetics. What I need is a way to eject items onto a conveyor belt without dropper clocks because they cause such an fps drop and then have those items picked up by a filtered hopper of some sort. Yes some of the suggestions above cover that, but I need more than just a name. Those mods are poorly documented; searching across the internet has yielded no useful information for me.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Don't assume I'm one of those people, I have read the whole thing. The reason I asked is because the suggestions don't work for what I want to do. Most people want designs for functionality, but I'm building a machine centered around aesthetics. What I need is a way to eject items onto a conveyor belt without dropper clocks because they cause such an fps drop and then have those items picked up by a filtered hopper of some sort. Yes some of the suggestions above cover that, but I need more than just a name. Those mods are poorly documented; searching across the internet has yielded no useful information for me.
My apologies then, that wasn't clear from your post.

Am I correct in thinking you want the completed crystals to drop onto a conveyor belt and be carried to a sorting system?

cjb005

Jul 29, 2019
I should have been more specific, apologies here as well. I'm doing something other than crystals, but thought I could get some info from this thread anyway. At this point I just need a lag-free way to eject items onto the belt, I can filter them out before that happens.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I should have been more specific, apologies here as well. I'm doing something other than crystals, but thought I could get some info from this thread anyway. At this point I just need a lag-free way to eject items onto the belt, I can filter them out before that happens.
Have you got Botania? The Open Crate might be just what you need :)