Filling out holes with liquid

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

in my case I got a 15x15x6 big reactor that I have to fill in with cryotheum, and doing this manual with buckets is a pain in the a**.

So is there a way to fill it with a pump or anything?
Also in general would be interesting to know since I¨m planing to make a lava lake inside my base...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
You can use a flood gate from buildcraft. Just pump the liquid into the gate and it'll do the rest. You could try a liquid spiller from rotary craft, but spillers don't respect walls last time I used one.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to fill the reactor, the rector doesn't care if they're source blocks or not, so you can just place the buckets at the top and have them flow down. Otherwise floodgate is your best bet

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have to fill the reactor, the rector doesn't care if they're source blocks or not, so you can just place the buckets at the top and have them flow down. Otherwise floodgate is your best bet
this would be true with water, but i believe cryotheum flows downward.

Reactions: Wagon153

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
^ Not really... the sluice does one block xD, flood gates fill up areas.
Ah ok, PurpleMentat never let them run long enough to discern that =)
Good I didn't know about the sluice gate when I filled my fish tank then, would have been quite anti-climactic :p

The one thing, btw, I don't like about the flood gate is that it fills up to it's own level. I'd much prefer a block that fills space up to the level below itself.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Doop, should have made that more clear. Sluice IS pretty cool for getting Cryotheum into a Reactor, though. Stick it at the top over top of an empty column, and it'll fill the whole thing from a tank over time. When the Cryotheum falls, the Sluice will place another bucket of Cryotheum.

At least, theoretically. Haven't actually test this yet.

Reactions: midi_sec

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
theory is sound, at least.

I can't think of a reason id do it though. by the time I set up the sluices I could have filled by hand.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
7x7x7 is good enough for me. I mean... I don't get caught in the evil power trap, making power to make more power.

regardless, it goes pretty fast with a bucket and a few portable tanks. :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I used a floodgate when it came time to fill my reactor with molten ender pearls. I knew it was a waste but by that point I had more than I would ever need. Floodgates do not need power btw.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I did it with floodgate finaly. Worked great.
does it also work contraiwise? When used water f.e.?
or do I have to fill it out manualy with wood and then l8er light it up? *evil lough*