Few of my favourite things

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Which elements/items/mechanics in mods do you find particularly appealing?

Some of mine:

1. Extra Utilities' Ender Quarry and Pump. Less lag is good!
2. Extra Utilities' builder Wand and it's cousins from other mods that make building things easier.

Actually, a lot of stuff from XU would fit, so I'll just stop here.

3. Backpacks from Forestry.
4. IC2 scaffolds. Everything about them, including construction foam.
5. Biogenerator from MFR.
6. Recycler from IC2.
7. Buildcraft filler. It had a lot of unconventional uses.

So, mostly things that make tedious tasks easier, or encourage thinking outside of the box.

Which are yours?

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
MInecraft modding comunity, and his amazing job keeping the game alive

There are many individual things also, but my favourite thing would be the forestry tree/bee breeding. No mods or addons added, am i that weird?

Last edited:

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I've really been enjoying some of Botania's tools and Baubles - they're not overly expensive once you have a decent mana production setup, and they're useful without ever seeming overpowered.

Carpenter's blocks and Chisel as well - both are really good for adding texture/detail to builds

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
For magic stuff: Wand focus of trade, boots of the traveler, and a lot of those nice looking things from thaumcraft 4+
For Tech stuff:Most TE blocks, Red Alloy Wire (Must have for redstone.), Old school quarry. I love watching them dig, Most things from MFR, and a lot of things that I don't feel like listing.
:D

Reactions: Tylor

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing I really like is Ender IO's power monitor. It pulls information on all capacitor banks, machine storage and conduit storage, as well as input and output from the conduit line it's attached to. It also has the option for redstone signalling for engine control which is really useful for fuel conservation

Reactions: Tylor

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
- EnderIO's conduit bundling. Basically neatfreak heaven.
- Mekanism's expandable ore processing. The infrastructure under the hood gets absurdly complex but the endpoint machines just chain one unto the other for a 4/5x setup.
- Tinkers Construct's tool crafting, especially with Iguana Tweaks to reduce wastage.
- Enhanced Portals dialling thingummy, especially once interfaced with computercraft. I am the stargate command of TNT cannons.
- Chisel, basically the whole mod. Along with carpenters blocks it's the single greatest asset to pretty buildings.
- Reactorcraft's multiblocks that aren't actually multiblocks. Much more customisable than one would get from most mods that add sodoff huge power systems like that.

And for everything else there's Colin.

Reactions: null123 and Tylor

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Red Alloy Wire (Must have for redstone.)
:D
Forgot about that too. Red Power had a lot of neat stuff, but that wires that neatly lie along the wall and don't obstruct movement, and looks so nicely and orderly - awesome. Now thare are bajilion mods with wires, but they all ugly IC2-like ones.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot about that too. Red Power had a lot of neat stuff, but that wires that neatly lie along the wall and don't obstruct movement, and looks so nicely and orderly - awesome. Now thare are bajilion mods with wires, but they all ugly IC2-like ones.
Project red has red alloy wires that are just like red power ones.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
AE. Hands down my favorite mod.The ability to convert all of my items into data and move them around with zero hassle, allowing for easy redesigns and configurations of loot rooms? Who doesn't love that idea?

Reactions: malicious_bloke

null123

Mar 27, 2014
- EnderIO's conduit bundling. Basically neatfreak heaven.
- Mekanism's expandable ore processing. The infrastructure under the hood gets absurdly complex but the endpoint machines just chain one unto the other for a 4/5x setup.
- Tinkers Construct's tool crafting, especially with Iguana Tweaks to reduce wastage.
- Enhanced Portals dialling thingummy, especially once interfaced with computercraft. I am the stargate command of TNT cannons.
- Chisel, basically the whole mod. Along with carpenters blocks it's the single greatest asset to pretty buildings.
- Reactorcraft's multiblocks that aren't actually multiblocks. Much more customisable than one would get from most mods that add sodoff huge power systems like that.

And for everything else there's Colin.
All hail colin!

null123

Mar 27, 2014
The hell is Colin?
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK LIKE THAT TO COLIN?!?!?! OFF WITH THIS HEATHEN'S HEAD!!! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

(Colin is love, Colin is life. Ill just let those mental pictures set in, for those of you who know who colin is)