Feed the Beast - Lethal Injection (Inspired by Vechs Super Hostile)

Cyrelc

Jul 29, 2019
My friends and I love Vech's Super Hostile maps. Vanilla minecraft on the other hand, has become simple in comparison to the wonderful complexity given by the new Feed The Beast Modpacks. We naturally figured that someone would begin to make superhostile maps in Feed the Beast, with tons of new tricks, traps and mobs available.

Well here it is, a map series going by: Feed The Beast - Lethal Injection. A series designed for those who just haven't quite gotten their recommended daily allotment of lethality.

Inspired by Vech's Super Hostile Complete The Monument Maps, this is the first set in Feed the Beast. Everything you love is still there: Find the wool, kill the mobs, stay alive. Only, well, there are about a thousand new ways to die.

This first map is called "The Collector", is linear branching, and was made using the Feed The Beast Unleashed pack.

For anyone who found their way here from the regular minecraft forums, you can download the FTB launcher here: http://www.feed-the-beast.com/

"The Collector" requires one mod (dartcraft) to be disabled - see instructions below.

For local players:

1) Open FTB launcher, select Unleashed.
2) Top center, select "edit modpack" which will bring you to a list of mods.
3) Select "dartcraft" and hit "disable".
4) Profit!

For servers:

1) Go to the folder containing your server
2) In the 'mods' folder, find DartCraft Beta 0.1.20.jar
3) Change the name from DartCraft Beta 0.1.20.jar to DartCraft Beta 0.1.20.jar.disabled
4) Go die a horrible, horrible death. Then come back for more!

Features:
- Full monument with 16 wool and 4 boss trophies
- 16 Unique Linear-Branching areas
- Portals to and from each intersection - no more moving bases
- Full use of all new mobs from FTB - more varied challenge than just skeletons, zombies, spiders and creepers!
- Find the hidden backpacks and keys to unlock rechargeable nano-armor

Good luck!

5zQcRMc.png

ojuVeZ2.png

2ww81GW.png

TkdBfWT.png

mC5bXIc.png

RiSRW7E.png

JlQoqrj.png

IvOae5R.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B94hG3wgpJQlLWYyTUNpRkZ3V0E/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I downloaded the map a while ago and just got around to playing it. I haven't got very far yet, I'm about halfway through topsy turvy with only the brown wool, but I love it so far. I think the reason why it's not very popular is because when it was released, nobody really played unleashed anymore. That's even more true now. The one complaint I have is the first dungeon is a tad harsh. While armed with only a stone sword and some man pants and no placeable blocks, it's rather difficult. I would suggest making a dark cavern near the dungeon for mobs to spawn in, taking some of the heat off of players.

And I assume that you aren't allowed to build portals of any sort?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I wonder if this is a necropost or not?
It doesn't matter. I'm giving credit to one of the best maps to be posted on these forums that didn't get any consideration from the public. The fact is, this map took lots of time and effort too make. It's a massive contrast to the standard skyblocks and starter maps we're used to. And yet not a single reply. I still have the zip on my system, and i will put up a link if @Cyrelc permits me to. This map deserves far more attention than it's got.

Reactions: AlCapella

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
He has no licensing soooooooo.
So what? Just because he didn't say not to post a link doesn't mean he wants people posting a link. The main reason I'm not is because he did take down the link, presumably for a good reason. Wither he decided he didn't want to publish it after all, or there's some sort of large flaw, or whatever. I won't post any download link until the maker says so, and that's final.

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
So what? Just because he didn't say not to post a link doesn't mean he wants people posting a link. The main reason I'm not is because he did take down the link, presumably for a good reason. Wither he decided he didn't want to publish it after all, or there's some sort of large flaw, or whatever. I won't post any download link until the maker says so, and that's final.
I actually saw this, I was really excited... I got really sad when I saw the link not avaiable, so I din't post anything, and no one else had too at the time. I din't do it because I had nothing too add, and there was no link. Now I see it was at once avaiable. You do get me sad how this map had so effort put into it and it din't got out, while this skyblock maps are relatively easy to make.

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so much @goreae I love CTMs so much, and this has got to be the first modded one I have ever seen in literally forever (I played my first CTM in 2011)

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
The start is rather intense, with only leather pants and a stone sword, there are alot of mobs.

Cyrelc

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, Cyrelc here! I'm happy to see some activity on here and glad that you are all enjoying the map and gave it a chance. I'm fine that you've put up a link to the map, I will put it back myself shortly, however after having a few friends playtest it there were a few issues with the boss fights in the last quarter of the map, that caused it not to play well. I'm working on another map that will utilize the best parts and ideas from this one while incorporating some new features of ftb Monster that I'm really excited about - so long story short, there's a new, shinier version in progress, but feel free to play this as an appetizer or beta preview of what's to come!

Last edited:

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, Cyrelc here! I'm happy to see some activity on here and glad that you are all enjoying the map and gave it a chance. I'm fine that you've put up a link to the map, I will put it back myself shortly, however after having a few friends playtest it there were a few issues with the boss fights in the last quarter of the map, that caused it not to play well. I'm working on another map that will utilize the best parts and ideas from this one while incorporating some new features of ftb Monster that I'm really excited about - so long story short, there's a new, shinier version in progress, but feel free to play this as an appetizer or beta preview of what's to come!
Will you update this one?
And, is the start zone supposed to be so hard?

Cyrelc

Jul 29, 2019
I have made a few changes to alleviate the boss room issues, and after much contemplation I have been slightly more generous with the starting gear =D
Also the original link will be working again. Anyone who finishes the map, please post a pic of your completed victory monument and feel free to give feedback!

Enjoy![DOUBLEPOST=1403108409][/DOUBLEPOST]
I downloaded the map a while ago and just got around to playing it. I haven't got very far yet, I'm about halfway through topsy turvy with only the brown wool, but I love it so far. I think the reason why it's not very popular is because when it was released, nobody really played unleashed anymore. That's even more true now. The one complaint I have is the first dungeon is a tad harsh. While armed with only a stone sword and some man pants and no placeable blocks, it's rather difficult. I would suggest making a dark cavern near the dungeon for mobs to spawn in, taking some of the heat off of players.

And I assume that you aren't allowed to build portals of any sort?

I don't believe you have the materials available to build your own portals (without straying outside the map), and there is a rule explicitly forbidding you from moving the already existing ones.

Last edited:

Cyrelc

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the map a while ago and just got around to playing it. I haven't got very far yet, I'm about halfway through topsy turvy with only the brown wool, but I love it so far. I think the reason why it's not very popular is because when it was released, nobody really played unleashed anymore. That's even more true now.

I don't personally feel that being a bit behind in version is a detriment. In order to appreciate the popular maps like the Super Hostile series or RageCraft II, you often need to set back your version of minecraft. Only RageCraft III is actually balanced for 1.8 and once 1.9 finally comes out that will be "outdated" as well. The launcher makes the download of older versions quite simple for both vanilla and FTB, I think it's very accessible.