Favorite method of power generation?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Nuclear, coal/charcoal, culinary, lava pump, etc. What do you do to get your power?

timlyo

Jul 29, 2019
I've recently started to like culinary generators. Some food just seem to be so easy to mass produce, e.g. toast and baked potatoes, although before that burning charcoal in either Railcraft or Thermal Expansion engines/dynamos was my go to.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hydrogen generators, biofuel reactors (or biogenerators..I always get the two mixed up in my head). relatively good power, low impact.

I'm also really fond of the glowstone/ghast tear dynamo. But only with massive supplies of magical crops.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I personally go Nuclear. It's the only non-laggy way I know of to produce hundreds of thousands of RF/t(Reactorcraft).

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I also go nucleair. For now I have only used BigReactors but I do want to have a shot at making a ReactorCraft reactor at some point in the future.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
For the sake of scale, and just awesomeness of how it works, I'd have to say reactorcraft takes the top spot.
In terms of required effort/infrastructure (and enough power for most people). I'd say big reactors and IC2 reactors would be 1st and 2nd, respectively.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
For the sake of scale, and just awesomeness of how it works, I'd have to say reactorcraft takes the top spot.
In terms of required effort/infrastructure (and enough power for most people). I'd say big reactors and IC2 reactors would be 1st and 2nd, respectively.
Hah. At the end of one of my worlds, my total power consumption was roughly 1.5 million RF/t.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
My favorite of all time has been peat engines, with a farm made using pistons, timers, redpower tubes, block breakers and placers (yep, going back a bit!). A mini engineering project that you don't really see nowadays.

Reactions: Ritt

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Though, I'd have to say my favorite power-gen that I actually made in survival was a CRCS IC2 nuclear reactor.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
My first real power gen was an IC2 nuclear reactor in FTB Ultimate. I had a Mark 1 that did 600 EU/t(Don't ask me how I did it, because I don't remember.) It was in a desert and powered the server workshop. In my own base, I had five nukes each doing 400 EU/t. It was fun setting up a mining method that could keep up with my uranium usage.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever does the job best and most efficiently when playing RotaryCraft. Wood when playing Flaxbeard and/or Railcraft. I haven't gotten far enough in GregTech yet (haven't got past the steam age), but probably wood in that too.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Someone needs to make a mod that harnesses villager power somehow.

Edit: And not the matrix. I want something were I can watch the life get sucked out of 'em and transferred into a box. Or maybe a treadmill for them to create RoC shaft power.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Blood magic to make charcoal to power steam dynamos? :)
The build is too big. And I'd rather have machines that just run direct of LP in that case. But then I could power it with other mobs. I want this horror-machine to require villagers.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The build is too big. And I'd rather have machines that just run direct of LP in that case. But then I could power it with other mobs. I want this horror-machine to require villagers.
Hmm.. So you need some kind of 'valuable block generator' that runs off emeralds that you get by dropping villagers into a smeltery. Gotcha. ;)