Request Fastest way to get tons of raw ores/materials?

lelele

Jul 29, 2019
I am quite confused in FTB, as I used to play tekkit and basically just made everything I needed from energy collectors. Now, I need to start all over again with all the new mods around.

Aside from Mining Turtles and Quarries, is there any other way for me to get started with brutal resource exploitation early? So far I only know about these and Macerator for increasing my mining output.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
You basically need to relearn everything. There is no such thing as early game resource exploitation in any official FTB packs. You also might want to tell us what pack you are playing, but I will proceed assuming that you are playing Infinity.

You should look into EnderIO's SAG Mill as a replacement for the macerator, as IC2 has been on the decline. Tinker's Construct is the best for early game weapons and mining, and the hammer is the fastest way to strip mine, and I use it before I get any mining rig. As for new quarries, Extra Utilities' Ender Quarry is by far the best quarry in the pack for a multitude of reasons, the biggest being that it is upgradeable and is the lowest lag solution for mining.

If you have any questions in the future, I suggest the Simple Questions thread or #FTB IRC on Esper (which if you don't know what that is, you can click here).

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Once you go ftb, you'll love it. Even the research is fun, because you see all the creative ideas people come up with, and how you can change them.