Fastest automatic mining system, Sonic borer

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've been going through rotarycraft and I'm amazed at what 8M Watts does to a sonic borer and 500K watts in an item vacuum. This system digs a 7x7 hole to bedrock in under a minute.

Sequence01Still003_zpsfbe88d01.jpg

Sequence01Still001_zps79ce9fa9.jpg

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Do all the items always fall into the world like that or is there a practical way of getting all of that stuff into an inventory/pipe system?

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
While awsome.. have you tried that block used from crafting a ton of mimich? It's called the Mimikinetic Upheaver. Upgrade it to level 3, add a lever.... and stand amazed.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
While awsome.. have you tried that block used from crafting a ton of mimich? It's called the Mimikinetic Upheaver. Upgrade it to level 3, add a lever.... and stand amazed.

I was using a dev version, plunked one down aaaaaand crashed. I had to MCEdit it out of the world. though it was a few dev version ago

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
Do all the items always fall into the world like that or is there a practical way of getting all of that stuff into an inventory/pipe system?

The item vacuum can draw item in from 128m away including chicken eggs and it can be hooked up to pipes.[DOUBLEPOST=1392281203][/DOUBLEPOST]

That sounds awesome, that plus an item vacuum to pull everything in, I'm on it right now.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
The best part about this and the normal rotarycraft boring machine, they drop mob spawners instead of breaking them. Take down a rogue like dungeon with them and use the Rotarycraft spawner controllers for the fastest mob farms you have ever seen. The normal boring machine can also be enchanted by clicking on it with enchanted books. Not sure if the sonic borer can.

scantrontb

Jul 29, 2019
not sure about the title "fastest" being accurate... have you seen Direwolf20's Mining Well contraption? granted, it's out of date NOW, as it was using Frames from RedPower in 1.4.6, but I'm sure that there are different ways around that by now (Redstone in Motion, i think) but it would mine a 1 x as-many-blocks-wide-as-you-built-the-thing down to bedrock in about 5 seconds... it was in his Let's Play Season 5 Episode 46 to episode 48 when he built it...

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
not sure about the title "fastest" being accurate... have you seen Direwolf20's Mining Well contraption? granted, it's out of date NOW, as it was using Frames from RedPower in 1.4.6, but I'm sure that there are different ways around that by now (Redstone in Motion, i think) but it would mine a 1 x as-many-blocks-wide-as-you-built-the-thing down to bedrock in about 5 seconds... it was in his Let's Play Season 5 Episode 46 to episode 48 when he built it...
Direwolf's system is in palleral so it will obviously be faster. However, this is the equivalant of 49 mining wells so it is much faster than 1 being used. Faster methods of resource gathering do exist, but this one is also really fun :)

lazaruz76

Jul 29, 2019
check out the latest season of direwolfs sp lp. he remade the mining well system without frames. used mffs to move it. last 2 episodes he spent building it.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
if only AE's spatial io could be used for mining...
Hmmmm...This may be possible...ermahgerd. So if we surround the inside of the drive surround in autonomous activators then pipe to tesseracts when we take in the mats from the pylon doobliedoo...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Bevo did one with MFFS and AE transition planes. It bores a tunnel, but converting it to a vertical mining wall would do the trick even faster than the mining wells.

Last edited: