Fast XP?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
What is a decent way to get a lot of XP fast? I don't want to go too deep into Thaumcraft, so anything else would be much appreciated.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Viable? How would I got about getting many of these bushes?

I tend to collect them as I explore caves while mining, although now that I think about this may not be the best for super quick xp

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Edenic Bees is an option. You basically just stand near a pile of Apiaries and you will see your XP bar go up.

You can "exploit" it a bit as bees which "living" requirements are not met still produce their environmental effects. So if they don't have "Cave" trait you can place a bunch of Apiaries without clear LoS to to the sky and now just put the bees into them without having to worry about automating them. They will never die, need to be re-bred, or produce combs. Only give you XP :p

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Edenic Bees is an option. You basically just stand near a pile of Apiaries and you will see your XP bar go up.

You can "exploit" it a bit as bees which "living" requirements are not met still produce their environmental effects. So if they don't have "Cave" trait you can place a bunch of Apiaries without clear LoS to to the sky and now just put the bees into them without having to worry about automating them. They will never die, need to be re-bred, or produce combs. Only give you XP :p
Schrödinger's bees. I like it.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

I believe that was changed in 1.5+ as that was a common exploit in 1.4... not sure though.

As for XP - blaze spawner + corporial attractor (or your prefered method of moving them) into spikes from extra utilities.
use a vacuum hopper to pick up loot and XP - xp into a tank, loot wherever.
Pros: Decent XP, Get lots of Blaze Rods
Cons: Slowish spawns (unless you use soul shards, or something to get your infi-blazes), can be quite laggy on bad PCs

Reactions: gold49

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The fastest way I found to generate storable XP:

Spawn mobs with Cursed Earth in a 17x17 area, push them towards a 3x3 hole in the center using OpenBlocks fans, where they fall down for three blocks and are killed by diamond spikes. Collect the items and the XP with a Vacuum Hopper and pump it wherever you want for further use (XU drums are excellent early-game storage). I prefer this method to using spawners because you don't need any power. It takes up considerable more space than a spawner variant, though.

Required Mods: Extra Utilities, Open Blocks

The fastest way to put XP you have stored onto the player character is the EnderIO Experience Obelisk you can pump liquid XP in at the standard rate of your preferred liquid transport system and pick any number of levels up in a moment.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I believe that was changed in 1.5+ as that was a common exploit in 1.4... not sure though.

As for XP - blaze spawner + corporial attractor (or your prefered method of moving them) into spikes from extra utilities.
Cons: Slowish spawns (unless you use soul shards, or something to get your infi-blazes), can be quite laggy on bad PCs
Ahh that could bee :p
Haven't actually tried to exploit it since then. But automating them is a simple task anyway.

Reactions: ChemE

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013

Are you soul shards still a part of FTB Infinity?

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
Killer Joes can use enchanted swords, which could have the XP boost enchantment. As such, that could be a possibility.

I preferred to use powered spawners from Ender IO. Cursed earth was annoying since you got a variety of mobs.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The purple crystals from ChromatiCraft are also an option, if you happen to have that mod in your pack (or are willing to add it). You should be able to silktouch the raw cave crystals and pile them up in your base, or, once you've progressed quite a ways in the mod, smash them and turn them into potion crystals that'll give you a bunch more XP.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Killer Joes can use enchanted swords, which could have the XP boost enchantment. As such, that could be a possibility.

I preferred to use powered spawners from Ender IO. Cursed earth was annoying since you got a variety of mobs.
How do those spawners work?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
XP Bushes with a reinforced watering can in an Autonomous Activator. AA's under the bushes right clicking and a vacuum hopper collecting the orbs.

You'll have so much experience you won't know what to do with it. I got over 5 000 buckets and 4 stacks of level 30 enchanted books in just a few SSP days so wasn't even running when I wasn't playing

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
How do those spawners work?
They use power to spawn specific mobs, similar to MFR's autospawner, only you don't need mob essence or any other kind of converted XP to run the spawner, you only need xp to create the spawner. They are also not configurable, one spawner is built to spawn one specific type of mob, and they're are little more complicated to build than the MFR spawner. The power needed to spawn a mob depends on the type. Zombies take 160 RF/t, Endermen 600 or so, IIRC. You can increase the spawn frequency with capacitors, but of course that also uses up more power. And lastly, EnderIO's soul vials can capture Thaumcraft's Pech and Wisps, which MFR's safari net can't capture, so you can build a powered Wisp or Pech spawner. A Wisp spawner may come in handy if you're using Thaumic Energistics.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
They use power to spawn specific mobs, similar to MFR's autospawner, only you don't need mob essence or any other kind of converted XP to run the spawner, you only need xp to create the spawner. They are also not configurable, one spawner is built to spawn one specific type of mob, and they're are little more complicated to build than the MFR spawner. The power needed to spawn a mob depends on the type. Zombies take 160 RF/t, Endermen 600 or so, IIRC. You can increase the spawn frequency with capacitors, but of course that also uses up more power. And lastly, EnderIO's soul vials can capture Thaumcraft's Pech and Wisps, which MFR's safari net can't capture, so you can build a powered Wisp or Pech spawner. A Wisp spawner may come in handy if you're using Thaumic Energistics.
Do they have NEI recipes? I tried and it didn't work it looks like. I'll try again later :)

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
You can make a automatic TConstruct xp bush farm.. look in Direwolf20's 1.6 let's play series for it.. works treats filled a railcraft tank with XP before

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Do they have NEI recipes? I tried and it didn't work it looks like. I'll try again later :)
There is an extended description on the items, available, IIRC, by holding shift in NEI, that tell you what you need to do with them. Here's the process in detail:

(1) Find a spawner in the world and break it. You will get a "broken spawner"
(2) Make a soul vial and capture a mob of your choice in it. This is done by right-clicking
(3) Combine the filled soul vial and the broken spawner in the Soul Binder. This costs power and experience. The processing may take a while.
(4) Build a Powered Spawner.
(5) Combine the infused spawner from step 3 with the powered spawner from step 4 in an anvil.

IIRC, you can skip steps 2 and 3 if the spawner from step 1 already is for the type of mob you want to auto-spawn, but I haven't tested this.