Farming Nether/End shards, need help.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying for several hours over the last few days to try to get the Nether and End shards needed to do the TTKami Ichor stuff. I've tried MFR auto-spawners in their respective realms, tried grinders, modular turrets, just punching them (Pigmen and Endermen) in the face, nothing seems to consistently drop any of these shards. As of right now I have exactly 6 Nether Shards and 1 Ender Shard to show for hours of work including pushing to be the first one on my server to not only find a stronghold, but fight through it, open the portal, and kick the Ender Dragon in the junk so I could get the shards I wanted. 1 measely Ender shard. T_T

Does anyone have a more reliable method? I'm currently using the MFR Auto-Spawner and a Manyullin Bladed Thaumic cleaver with the damage up the wazoo to whack em as they pop up. Does the Fortune enchantment help at all? Would a traditional weapon + Thaumcraft based enchantment give me better odds? Hell, does warp affect your drop rates?

... On the other hand, I now have over 1k Ender pearls.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure Fortune helps, although the last time I did KAMI was in 1.6.4, and I just ground the mobs I needed.