Factory-zation

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I spent the better part of a week building my last---honest, this is definitely the last time I redo this :) ---Factorization ore processing line.

External View: 8 Solar Turbines, lots of mirrors, some Red Power solar.

28 grinders, 2 routers, misc. AE I/O. Oh, and batteries. I made a lot of batteries so I could batch process magnets for the motors I needed in the grinders, mixers, etc. Throw up a row of batteries, tear them down, feed them into a fabricator, etc. Probably could have been done quick and easy with a turtle but I just don't like doing lua for one-offs.

36 mixers, filled by 6 Sorting Machines and various AE I/O. Emptied by a router. 12 Mixers for Iron, 6 for each of the other ores.

22 slag furnaces, filled by a router, emptied by a router. Chests/barrels underneath in the floor linking the inventories for the routers.

168 Crystalizers, one tower per type. Lots of routers. So many routers.

The heart. AE controller and misc. I/O, transposers filling buckets for the mixers, furnaces making ingots from crystaline metals, two input chest/tesseract/import bus rigs, tesseract back to main base AE network, and a void pipe/emitter setup to void pipe water buckets. Something in my system is duping water buckers. I seeded it with 50, had over 1000 later in the day. Set the emitter to void any buckets over 500. Why can't it dupe something useful? :p

I'm feeding this the ores from a red power frame tunnelbore that is mining ~384 blocks every 4 seconds.

Oh, and this is 100% automated. All I have to do is turn the tunnelbore on/off.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Statement: I dig the turbine setup. Looks pretty nice.
Question: Do I see that correct, in that the turbines don't care if they have blocks above them?
And finally - creative or survival? ;)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Survival.

Turbines don't care. They're getting light horizontally from the mirrors. Long as there is a clear line horizontally between the turbine and the mirror and a clear line vertically above the mirror you're fine.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
That is a huge erm Factory!
Never looked too close at Factorization Ore processing, it feels overcomplicated for the extra yield in comparison to a pulverizer - furnace setup

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
That is a huge erm Factory!
Never looked too close at Factorization Ore processing, it feels overcomplicated for the extra yield in comparison to a pulverizer - furnace setup
It is, particularly when resources are effectively unlimited and easy to acquire via automation. With mystcraft to provide unlimited mining ages and uu-matter to cover any shortages there really isn't that much pressure on players to push for any of the 3 for 1 options. I just like trying to automate the process from end-to-end as a challenge. I'm adding/removing crystallizers right now to try to balance them vs. the incoming ores so that they're always full without building up a large backlog in the AE system.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you like streamers, you should watch ZeekDaGeek on twitch from time to time, he's building a huge factorization processing factory using factorization and AE, it looks really epic.