Factory-zation

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I spent the better part of a week building my last---honest, this is definitely the last time I redo this :) ---Factorization ore processing line.

External View: 8 Solar Turbines, lots of mirrors, some Red Power solar.

WL3DqPY.jpg

28 grinders, 2 routers, misc. AE I/O. Oh, and batteries. I made a lot of batteries so I could batch process magnets for the motors I needed in the grinders, mixers, etc. Throw up a row of batteries, tear them down, feed them into a fabricator, etc. Probably could have been done quick and easy with a turtle but I just don't like doing lua for one-offs.

dl0i35s.jpg

36 mixers, filled by 6 Sorting Machines and various AE I/O. Emptied by a router. 12 Mixers for Iron, 6 for each of the other ores.

7e3Baxk.jpg

22 slag furnaces, filled by a router, emptied by a router. Chests/barrels underneath in the floor linking the inventories for the routers.

7rpWuDr.jpg

168 Crystalizers, one tower per type. Lots of routers. So many routers.

DCMV2kt.jpg

eFU1Wlq.jpg

The heart. AE controller and misc. I/O, transposers filling buckets for the mixers, furnaces making ingots from crystaline metals, two input chest/tesseract/import bus rigs, tesseract back to main base AE network, and a void pipe/emitter setup to void pipe water buckets. Something in my system is duping water buckers. I seeded it with 50, had over 1000 later in the day. Set the emitter to void any buckets over 500. Why can't it dupe something useful? :p

wYeVnbJ.jpg

I'm feeding this the ores from a red power frame tunnelbore that is mining ~384 blocks every 4 seconds.

Oh, and this is 100% automated. All I have to do is turn the tunnelbore on/off.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Statement: I dig the turbine setup. Looks pretty nice.
Question: Do I see that correct, in that the turbines don't care if they have blocks above them?
And finally - creative or survival? ;)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Survival.

Turbines don't care. They're getting light horizontally from the mirrors. Long as there is a clear line horizontally between the turbine and the mirror and a clear line vertically above the mirror you're fine.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
That is a huge erm Factory!
Never looked too close at Factorization Ore processing, it feels overcomplicated for the extra yield in comparison to a pulverizer - furnace setup

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
That is a huge erm Factory!
Never looked too close at Factorization Ore processing, it feels overcomplicated for the extra yield in comparison to a pulverizer - furnace setup

It is, particularly when resources are effectively unlimited and easy to acquire via automation. With mystcraft to provide unlimited mining ages and uu-matter to cover any shortages there really isn't that much pressure on players to push for any of the 3 for 1 options. I just like trying to automate the process from end-to-end as a challenge. I'm adding/removing crystallizers right now to try to balance them vs. the incoming ores so that they're always full without building up a large backlog in the AE system.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
if you like streamers, you should watch ZeekDaGeek on twitch from time to time, he's building a huge factorization processing factory using factorization and AE, it looks really epic.