Factorization - Wrath Fire

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

I am playing around with factorization and I am really enjoying the new material (just working up towards getting some servos going).

I know how to get Dark Iron in the new versions but I do miss the old wrath method. It looks like wrath stuff is going away in general (except the lamp I think that is staying). Does anyone know why this is?

If it is going to go forever I will get over it but they were my favourite particle effects in the game.:)

Edit: Since I made this thread I may as well ask if anyone can tell me what the parasieve and compression crafter are meant to do - actually a general pointer to any recent documentation in addition to the forum thread would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

I am playing around with factorization and I am really enjoying the new material (just working up towards getting some servos going).

I know how to get Dark Iron in the new versions but I do miss the old wrath method. It looks like wrath stuff is going away in general (except the lamp I think that is staying). Does anyone know why this is?

If it is going to go forever I will get over it but they were my favourite particle effects in the game.:)

Edit: Since I made this thread I may as well ask if anyone can tell me what the parasieve and compression crafter are meant to do - actually a general pointer to any recent documentation in addition to the forum thread would be really appreciated. Thanks.
One of the bigger reasons was its griefing potential. It was a simple item to get, easy to use, and caused a lot of damage. Just hit it a few times in a desert and see what happens. Servers would disable it often to reduce the griefing problems so people couldn't go further in factorization without contacting an admin. I've had many personal experiences with this. Ask around, unless people are playing on private servers, they probably dealt with it.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that makes sense. I have only ever played single player so I never encountered this. Well, I have only found 17 dark iron ore so far but I still have managed to get close to a full stack on the ore tripling line so I am still happy.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
One of the bigger reasons was its griefing potential. It was a simple item to get, easy to use, and caused a lot of damage. Just hit it a few times in a desert and see what happens. Servers would disable it often to reduce the griefing problems so people couldn't go further in factorization without contacting an admin. I've had many personal experiences with this. Ask around, unless people are playing on private servers, they probably dealt with it.
A config to disable it would be better, I love wrath as well and it's a shame if a SMP problem gets in the way of SMP fun.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
A config to disable it would be better, I love wrath as well and it's a shame if a SMP problem gets in the way of SMP fun.
or SSP fun.

I often use it to quickly clear a forest/jungle/grassland, or any biome I need opened but don't care to chop every tree.
fair bit of cleanup needed, but better than whacking down an entire forest.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
It was a config to disable it the wrath igniter. The only other way to do it would be to increase the wrath igniter uses and just use it once but that's not a config option.