Factorio

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thought I'd spread the word about this game. Still in Alpha, but it's got so much in it, and would suit anyone who loves tech mods in Minecraft.

https://www.factorio.com/

From their website:

"Factorio is a game in which you build and maintain factories.

You will be mining resources, researching technologies, building infrastructure, automating production and fighting enemies. Use your imagination to design your factory, combine simple elements into ingenious structures, apply management skills to keep it working and finally protect it from the creatures who don't really like you.
"

Reactions: pc_assassin

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
Factorio is nothing like Minecraft. It's also one the best frigan games I played for a very long time. You guys would laugh at me but I already sunk something like 100+ Hours in a little over 1 week. It's addictive and even if some how you get bored with Vanilla you can start it all over again with Mods.

For example this resource overhaul mod makes using trains a lot more exciting:
http://i.imgur.com/8Xv5neS.png

Reactions: pc_assassin

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I tried out the demo and was disappointed that I controlled a "person." I was expecting a god-like interface (city-builder.)

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
I tried out the demo and was disappointed that I controlled a "person." I was expecting a god-like interface (city-builder.)
But this is not Towns. This is like old school RTS but with a lot more to it. The demo is also very limited. Once you get into the actual game the world is unlimited in size.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
dunno what you mean by "this is not Towns."

From the screenshots, it looks a lot like a classic city-builder (pharaoh, caesar), where you're building a system. (Not like SimCity, where you're simulating a city, btw)

I love building top-down systems like that. Its just sad I have to make a little person wander here and there to do it.

Kane Hart

Jul 29, 2019
dunno what you mean by "this is not Towns."

From the screenshots, it looks a lot like a classic city-builder (pharaoh, caesar), where you're building a system. (Not like SimCity, where you're simulating a city, btw)

I love building top-down systems like that. Its just sad I have to make a little person wander here and there to do it.
Sorry, The whole towns comment I was actually talking on another forum that's called towns and I got it directly mixed haha. Towns has like a god like structure system but rather you have little minions doing your bidding but you don't really directly control them more like simcity but not really.

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to endorse this game!
It is a top down factory builder, where you start off with little but a simple coal powered digger and some sticks and slowly progress to full automation, with old bits of your factory being torn down and reprocessed to make new bits, or simply built over.

Also, automating a alien spawner is fun, no drops, just pure pain :p

Noobbuster10

Jul 29, 2019
What I imagine.
"It maybe another 3D building factory Sim-city game again."
Reality
"Ermagawd,dat contraptions thou."

(Looks like a really fun game,by just looking at the trailer.Might play it.)

San

Jul 29, 2019
power suits, conveyor belts, quarry machines... solar panels?!? spoiler factorio is secretly FTB

its also hella rad

Reactions: null123

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
dead-horse.gif

W

Wamp

well, factorio hasnt enough details like minecraft. less crafting recipes and etc. but logistic is very fun in that game. worth to buy and play