Extremely low FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idealith

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I've been playing the DW20 1.6 modpack since its release and that was running smoothly with a 32x texture pack.
But then I change my horrible hard drive for an SSD and issues came along. First I was unable to launch the game and now after few reinstalation I stuck at about 8 fps without any texture pack.

FX-8320 & HD 7990 with 12 gb of RAM should suffice right ? and it used to without SSD anyway.

Cheers

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
How much RAM does your system have? Because assigning 12 GB of RAM to Minecraft is almost never a good idea. Not saying this will fix it, but try lowering that to 2-3 GB.

Idealith

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed 12
Was set on 1gb by default so i told my self that might be the source of the issue

Ok gonna try with say 3

(With textures and all the addons i thought it would not be nearly enough )

Edit : nop did not change a thing

Last edited:

Idealith

Jul 29, 2019
Thx
It's a lot better but it's barely reaching 60 fps no texture pack or crazy contraption going on
I feel there's still something wrong
Also if local data is a bad folder was is not? I mean the desktop directory is good for a test but not very practical
Oh last thing between the two setups I went from windows seven to w 8.1

Thanks guys

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Idealith

Jul 29, 2019
Searched for opi within my ftb directory and i deleted a archive in mod filder and a .cfg file

Lost 10 fps :/

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Your fps should be better you could try updating your video drivers to the latest non beta ones. Also try, but not recommended, installing optifine. Go here for help installing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.