ExtraUtils trashcan issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone had issues feeding large amounts of stuff to a trashcan with AE? (for reference, unleashed 1.1.2)

I've got barrels setup as priority 3 to receive wood, a priority 2 trashcan with the me storage bus setup to receive everything that I use barrels for, and then the default drives are priority 1. The other day, I noticed that I had more than a full barrel's worth of some kinds of woods in my system, which I didn't think was possible.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
You will probably have more luck with an export bus and a level emitter.

Well, 24 pairs of them, I think, based off the current setup.

I had not had problems with this setup in the past, using barrels and a void chest. I just found the trashcan to be a nicer option because it seemed to destroy excess mats faster.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
An export bus definitely works with the trash can, should work with one level emitter set for the total you want between the barrel and drives. It doesn't have any kind of inventory for the storage bus to work with.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Storage bus works but can get "jammed up" quite easy, if 2 things try to go to the storage bus at the same time one will get kicked back into an unformatted storage cell, then new stuff of the same type will keep going to there before the storage bus no matter what the priority. Storage bus>hopper>trashcan should work, I've not tried that myself yet, I have storage bus>hopper>recycler and that is working ok so far.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Storage bus works but can get "jammed up" quite easy, if 2 things try to go to the storage bus at the same time one will get kicked back into an unformatted storage cell, then new stuff of the same type will keep going to there before the storage bus no matter what the priority. Storage bus>hopper>trashcan should work, I've not tried that myself yet, I have storage bus>hopper>recycler and that is working ok so far.

Ah. That makes sense. I can guarantee I had multiples coming in at the same time. I'll have to give the hoppers a try if I get the chance.

Thanks.

Regarding Export Buses and level emitters:

Yes, I know it will work with a trashcan. You're missing the point. A storage bus should work (excepting the part where it gets jammed up, and Ako explained how that could happen), and can handle multiple types of items and storage priorities quickly and easily with a single block. If the reality is that it takes 2 interfaces (export/LE) per item type, then it doesn't work worth a damn. As alternatives go, that is the worst tradeoff I can realistically imagine and I need to start filtering input before it gets to the AE system.