ExtraCells2 - How to use fluids?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Hey,

I want to ask why there is no ExtraCells2 mod included into the FTB Infinity modpack?
Was there a not resolvable problem at the creation time or smth. else?

Well, how ever ... I think it should be added to this mod pack, if it's possible that it don't crashes current maps (I hope so) because you can then craft 16M Drives and you can store fluids (equal to store vis in ME since it was implemented into thaumcraft mod).

I hope other Infinity User also want this mod to be included.

Regards
Chaoschaot234

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
1.8.2 is recommended. You should be able to scroll up to 1.9.0 in the dropdown menu.

Also ExtraCells <3

Last edited:
Reactions: mattp_12

NinjaEnergy

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, new version got released lasy week if im not wrong. It seems to works nicely on our server, no problems so far

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Thats sounds rly good but at first it must be a stable release because the server auto updates only if the release is stable otherwise it doesn't updates the server so I've to wait but this is ok such as long extra cells is included :).

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Thats sounds rly good but at first it must be a stable release because the server auto updates only if the release is stable otherwise it doesn't updates the server so I've to wait but this is ok such as long extra cells is included :).
Just update yourself pretty easy with an ftp program

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Just update yourself pretty easy with an ftp program

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk
OP mentioned a server that I assume they do not control. So that's not an option unless they want to prevent themselves from joining the aforementioned server.

Looks like op has to wait.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Finally we got the update to 1.10.1 and now we are all producing (fluid) storage cells :3

Rly nice mod but because there is no wiki I don't know how to use this fluid storage or better the fluid patterns because NEI only gives me a recipe for ME Fluid Pattern Empty (WIP)
but not the recipe for e. g. ME Fluid Pattern (WIP): Gelid Cryotheum - so how is this fluid system to use? Any ideas?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Gelid cryotheum, you just export cryotheum dust into a magma crucible then whack a fluid import bus on the other side.

I don't actually use the crafting patterns tbh.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The fluid crafting is notoriously buggy.
The fluid pattern is filled in the fluid interface like you would a bucket.
But as mentioned last time I used it, crafting patterns I made to use it failed to recognize the auto crafts.
Aparently if a fluid pattern is in a fluid interface attached to a fluid assembler you can craft things that need buckets without using a bucket drawing from the fluid storage first.

Chaoschaot234

May 30, 2015
Gelid cryotheum, you just export cryotheum dust into a magma crucible then whack a fluid import bus on the other side.

I don't actually use the crafting patterns tbh.

Why should I use a MC if I can use the fluid crafting over the specified components like ME Fluid Interface and ME Fluid (Molecular)assembler? This way is inacceptable because
there is a fluid crafting system it has to craft gelid cryotheum over the direct input from cryotheum dust over a pattern. It can't be that I must use the MC to get liquids ...
thats not that what I expect from EC2 otherwise this is rly bad bullshit (the liquid system)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Why should I use a MC if I can use the fluid crafting over the specified components like ME Fluid Interface and ME Fluid (Molecular)assembler? This way is inacceptable because
there is a fluid crafting system it has to craft gelid cryotheum over the direct input from cryotheum dust over a pattern. It can't be that I must use the MC to get liquids ...
thats not that what I expect from EC2 otherwise this is rly bad bullshit (the liquid system)

Where do you expect you're going to get gelid cryotheum from? It's made by putting cryotheum dust into a Magma Crucible, Extra Cells 2 doesn't change any of that... You still need to convert the dust to liquid and then use the liquid in your patterns.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the mod operates under the assumption that you already have the fluid you want to work with. It's a fluid storage mod man, did you think that it had a method of melting things in to a fluid? Unless that's been added extra cells has never done this.