ExtraBees Purifier / Synthesizer

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed these can't be automated at all - since they only have one inventory slot. Putting a serum into the machine allows it to be immediately pulled out again, without processing. In other words, the serums just "fall through" the system, and end up at the end instantly rather than getting filled and purified. :/

I don't suppose this behavior can be changed to be more like the Inoculator?

ToLazyToThink

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you using? I think at least some versions support gate conditionals, so you could use that. Another option is to use open peripherals. Although I never found a better way to automate the purifier with open peripherals than checking when the power stopped draining (the synthesizer you could just check the value for the number of charges left).

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I think its possible with the Itemducts from TE, but I'm not a pro with bee stuff, my broither is the genius there, I would make a bet that with Applied Energetics, you could be able to do the automation you need, but I could be wrong, I never ever trusted buildcraft piping system, they seem to always screw things up especially if the chunks are loaded and unloaded, and even if a chunkloader is present...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Brute force is a turtle on a fixed timer where timer is set for worst (longest) scenario. I don't know of an elegant way.

You may also want to look at Gendustry. Bdew has removed most of the tedious stuff from bee breeding and has raised some of the costs to compensate.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I already have Binnie mod, I would add Gendustry but both of the other players on my server don't want to hear about any other mod at the moment and I understand them, my brother laptop is barely able to keep a fps between 10-15 most of the time in FTB, adding any extra mod is out of the question for now, he plans on getting an alienware laptop with is tax returns so it will solve that issue in late april or early may of this year...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You may also want to look at Gendustry. Bdew has removed most of the tedious stuff from bee breeding and has raised some of the costs to compensate.

Broken it more like:
I don't want 100% guaranteed mutations everytime.
I don't want the process to change ignoble bees into pristine bees
I don't want the process to remove any requirement to a mutation (biome/temp/humidity/item req).

Gendustry doesn't remove the tediousness IMO it completely breaks Forestry, Extra Bees and Magic Bees and it's not just bees, you can do the same with tree breeding. You may as well just play creative and spawn em in.

Reactions: un worry

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
Broken it more like:
I don't want 100% guaranteed mutations everytime.
I don't want the process to change ignoble bees into pristine bees
I don't want the process to remove any requirement to a mutation (biome/temp/humidity/item req).

Gendustry doesn't remove the tediousness IMO it completely breaks Forestry, Extra Bees and Magic Bees and it's not just bees, you can do the same with tree breeding. You may as well just play creative and spawn em in.

Firstly when i heard that's new mod which can manipulate bees genes i was really excited. But when i tried it - 100 % mutation all the time, alveary with 100 % production all the time - no impregnated frames. Too easy and not so funny.

Idea was good but those upgrades ruined everything. I read somewhere that Binnie will make newest version of his mod so right now i will stick to extra bees - but remember not to use barrels cause world corruption will occur.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly when i heard that's new mod which can manipulate bees genes i was really excited. But when i tried it - 100 % mutation all the time, alveary with 100 % production all the time - no impregnated frames. Too easy and not so funny.

Idea was good but those upgrades ruined everything. I read somewhere that Binnie will make newest version of his mod so right now i will stick to extra bees - but remember not to use barrels cause world corruption will occur.

So if I use Factorization barrels with any Binnies machine, it can cause problems, good to know we are actually looking at the best solution to store bee's since the damn indexer can't be automated anymore and can't accept more than 1000 bee's (I've learned why and I'm 100% ok with this decision, its for a really good reason, griefers used them like bombs, they filled them up with 10000000 bees and just destroyed them, causing the server to insta crash and be unrecoverable without editing the drops) but now, what are we going to use, chests are so small, even the diamond ones, don't mention the Apiarist ones, they have the same problem, too small... If you have any genius idea, it would be really appreciated, my idea at the moment is to build up a special AE network with a bunch of drives just for bee's but I think it could be too much...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So if I use Factorization barrels with any Binnies machine, it can cause problems, good to know we are actually looking at the best solution to store bee's since the damn indexer can't be automated anymore and can't accept more than 1000 bee's (I've learned why and I'm 100% ok with this decision, its for a really good reason, griefers used them like bombs, they filled them up with 10000000 bees and just destroyed them, causing the server to insta crash and be unrecoverable without editing the drops) but now, what are we going to use, chests are so small, even the diamond ones, don't mention the Apiarist ones, they have the same problem, too small... If you have any genius idea, it would be really appreciated, my idea at the moment is to build up a special AE network with a bunch of drives just for bee's but I think it could be too much...
I found that you really dont need to store that many bees. I manually stored my stable species in separate chests in a separate room. Only thing I stored in the indexer was pristine bees that I had collected from the environment. What else would you need to store?
Any spare drones from apiaries/alvearies were automatically destroyed in genepool.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I have mine automated with BC pipes and gates. There were conditions of for purity and level of charge respectively, so it wouldn't pull the vial out til it was full or pure. I had one wooden pipe between the synthesizer and purifier. Another gate on the purifier set to excellent quality fed into a chest. Throw a hopper on top of the synthesizer and you can have 6 vials be filled and purified automatically which I found to be plenty.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I found that you really dont need to store that many bees. I manually stored my stable species in separate chests in a separate room. Only thing I stored in the indexer was pristine bees that I had collected from the environment. What else would you need to store?
Any spare drones from apiaries/alvearies were automatically destroyed in genepool.

Not exactly sure why, I think for now is because we don't have the resources yet for the genepool and we have automated bee's running to gather a lot of resources like Silky Propolis for the woven backpacks and other stuff...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have mine automated with BC pipes and gates. There were conditions of for purity and level of charge respectively, so it wouldn't pull the vial out til it was full or pure. I had one wooden pipe between the synthesizer and purifier. Another gate on the purifier set to excellent quality fed into a chest. Throw a hopper on top of the synthesizer and you can have 6 vials be filled and purified automatically which I found to be plenty.
Yes but the BC gate support was only present in a very few versions. Maybe it returned in the 1.6 version?

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but the BC gate support was only present in a very few versions. Maybe it returned in the 1.6 version?
Not sure since I don't have binnies mods to test it. I wouldn't think they would remove them, unless it was part of an add on. I only ever used that setup in unleashed, so not sure if works now.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not sure since I don't have binnies mods to test it. I wouldn't think they would remove them, unless it was part of an add on. I only ever used that setup in unleashed, so not sure if works now.
From what I understand it worked for a bit in Unleashed, but later Binnie updated again and removed it. I never personally was able to get it to work in Unleashed.

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of gate do you put on your wooden transport pipe for this? I tried the Autarchic gate but the UI doesn't seem to come up with any conditionals for it.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Try updating it the version that is linked 2 posts up and see if that helps. Only other thing I can think of is using an Iron autarchic gate. One condition is item in inventory and other set to machine has no work. That might make it only pull once the serum is full as well as pure since machine will finish working.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, awesome work from Binnie there, I wanted to avoid BC pipes at all cost, but now that there's gate conditions working on it, I think we'll have to jump in the BC pipes train, only downside is I fear if an inventory is full, the pipes will continue to work and spit out stuff everywhere, this is the major reason why I hated them the first time I've started using them, they don't care if there's space in a inventory, they spit up their content no matter what...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Wow, awesome work from Binnie there, I wanted to avoid BC pipes at all cost, but now that there's gate conditions working on it, I think we'll have to jump in the BC pipes train, only downside is I fear if an inventory is full, the pipes will continue to work and spit out stuff everywhere, this is the major reason why I hated them the first time I've started using them, they don't care if there's space in a inventory, they spit up their content no matter what...
Just because you use pipe gates, doesn't mean you have to use wooden pipes to pump items.. Use a gate to activate a ME export bus for example.