Extra bees vs Magic Bees (Need Help)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I need some help with my bees (I need a Bee Expert :D). I don't know if this question has already been answered sorry if it has.

I am currently using the Extra Bee to produce my base metals. I just notice that I could of used the Magic Bees to do this also. Which bees are better i.e. Faster to make my base metals?

Extra bees I have a Rusty bee that makes Iron Grains. 4 Iron Grains = 1 Iron Ingot. ( 1 Grain has a 5% chance)

Magic bees I could have a Ferrous Bee that makes Iron Nuggets. 9 Nuggets = 1 Iron Ingot ( 1 Nugget has a 18% chance)

Note: I am using FTB unleashed 1.1.3

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hi guys,

I need some help with my bees (I need a Bee Expert :D). I don't know if this question has already been answered sorry if it has.

I am currently using the Extra Bee to produce my base metals. I just notice that I could of used the Magic Bees to do this also. Which bees are better i.e. Faster to make my base metals?

Extra bees I have a Rusty bee that makes Iron Grains. 4 Iron Grains = 1 Iron Ingot. ( 1 Grain has a 5% chance)

Magic bees I could have a Ferrous Bee that makes Iron Nuggets. 9 Nuggets = 1 Iron Ingot ( 1 Nugget has a 18% chance)

Note: I am using FTB unleashed 1.1.3
Well, 5%/4=1.25% chance for an Iron ingot.
18%/9=2% chance for an iron ingot.
Maths say the MB bee is better.
But tbh I never really find myself relying on bees to produce my basic metals. I get plenty of those from quarry. Its more some of the rare stuff I use them for: Ferrous dust, emeralds etc.

So far I have been favouring the ExB bees, but thats mostly just because they are higher up on the list I use for breeding information :p

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
So it's just that simple which ever bee has a better % for that item is going to be the better bee.

So for Iron I am better off using a MB bee. Looks like I need to do this with my other bees to work which bee is going to be better.

I could of used a quarry to get my Iron, Tin, Gold. Copper ect. but I have done that soon many time before and I wanted to do something different.

Melifluous

Jul 29, 2019
I'd also say that Ferrous bees are better, if only for the reason that it takes fewer mutations to get to the bee.