experience with creeperhost?

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.
I am looking for a new serverhoster and hecked the creeperhost products ...
A server with 2GB ram is around 15€ per month ... compared to nitrado.net it is pretty expensive. But is it worth it?

I got a nitrado server with 4 slots and 2GB ram for the price of 5-6€ per month. For the most part it is fine, but sometimes it gets pretty laggy with two players ... it runs with the direwolf20
To be honest, i dont know why the server cant keep up. If it is the advanced map with some automation, low ram, or low cpu power ...

Can someone give mw an advise how powerful those creeperhost servers are? Would even a weaker server be enough for 2 or 3 users with the direwolf pack? I know that mods take a lot of performance, but 15€ per month is really a lot for a small private server ... especially if it has the same low performance as nitrado.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea too much for just 2GB, I get mine at Envious Host for just 16 bucks a month and good performance there with up to 4 players. I'm just waiting on getting more active players to actually play with as for some reason people just "come and go" without reasons or complaints. So idk why people do that on my server.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it looks as nice or bad as any other 2gb server ...
But there is no information of the actual performance, which (i guess) depends on the CPU.
I already noticed a while ago that minecraft kinda transformed from a ram monster to a cpu monster, and no serverhoster gives detailed information about the actual cou performance they provide for each server.

That means you have to gamble ... pick a server, test it for a month, and then test another one under pretty much the aame circumstances. Thats what annoys me with minecraft servers.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Yea too much for just 2GB, I get mine at Envious Host for just 16 bucks a month and good performance there with up to 4 players. I'm just waiting on getting more active players to actually play with as for some reason people just "come and go" without reasons or complaints. So idk why people do that on my server.
It's not too much for a 2gb server actually, it's a tad more expensive because we actually give A LOT of CPU with all of our packages since we designed them that way.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
@Harvest88
well, that's what i am talking about all the time. but there is no serverhoster who provides any CPU information for their server

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
@Harvest88
well, that's what i am talking about all the time. but there is no serverhoster who provides any CPU information for their server
Ask what location and I'll give you specs, we have 5 different locations all with the same or different hardware. You can't just stick up one spec of a machine unfortunately! (Only if it was that easy!), also 9/10 the user won't have a clue what the difference between the hardware is. But it is great when we do get users that know the difference in hardware! Makes conversations a lot more fun! :)

stamgast

Jul 29, 2019
i have creeper host and run the direwolf pack i have the 12 pound a month one and belive me no server host that i had runs mincraft so smooth

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
It's not too much for a 2gb server actually, it's a tad more expensive because we actually give A LOT of CPU with all of our packages since we designed them that way.
Yea but for me, not getting bottle necked by that it's more the memory if I had to say once I get 3 to 4 players on.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Ask what location and I'll give you specs
sounds like you are part of the creeperhost team? :-O
well, i live in germany. i guess i will try a creeperhost server soon.
one question (hope i can get an answer without sending a support mail) ... if i buy a weaker server for testing purposes, can i upgrade it to a stronger one when ever i need to?

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
i have creeper host and run the direwolf pack i have the 12 pound a month one and belive me no server host that i had runs mincraft so smooth
Great to hear :)
Yea but for me, not getting bottle necked by that it's more the memory if I had to say once I get 3 to 4 players on.
Slime should do fine for 3-4 players, you shouldn't bottleneck your ram at all with 3-4 users.
sounds like you are part of the creeperhost team? :-O
well, i live in germany. i guess i will try a creeperhost server soon.
one question (hope i can get an answer without sending a support mail) ... if i buy a weaker server for testing purposes, can i upgrade it to a stronger one when ever i need to?
Germany? UK Servers, only 1230v2s and I think 1 L5xxx 32 core something. You can upgrade at anytime you want to.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Great to hear :)

Slime should do fine for 3-4 players, you shouldn't bottleneck your ram at all with 3-4 users.

I"m running on 2GB of dedicated ram and yet I'm getting at 90-100% usage, so 1GB definitely will run into some bad laggy game play. Yes it's cheaper than my 2GB but cheaper usually mean less performance. At least I'm not getting spam by those "running out of memory" errors in my log or at least not yet.. I just hate how it's hard to compare servers to actually find one that deliver most performance per dollar spent.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
I"m running on 2GB of dedicated ram and yet I'm getting at 90-100% usage, so 1GB definitely will run into some bad laggy game play. Yes it's cheaper than my 2GB but cheaper usually mean less performance. At least I'm not getting spam by those "running out of memory" errors in my log or at least not yet.. I just hate how it's hard to compare servers to actually find one that deliver most performance per dollar spent.
I thought I could have a nice discussion with you but you have said "I'm getting 90-100% ram usage, but 1gb of ram will definitely cause lag"....that's kind of put me off just a tiny bit because there is a huge misconception with memory relation to lag. If you didn't have enough ram you wouldn't lag. Your server would just crash altogether, there would be no "lag" issues or "tps" issues it would be a dead stop "Nope, can't run it, sorry" (insert grumpy cat meme here).

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Oh sorry I thought lag is caused by either your CPU getting to the cap or the memory and/or both, didn't know if you ran out your server stop completely as I said sometime it goes to 100% usage and haven't stopped. So I just using enough so it's doesn't try to goes pass the max of the 2GB I have. So that means when I do goes to the 100% it's just using 2GB and no more cause it's would stopped if it did. I know my CPU is good cause it's never goes up too high with about 4 people on it'll be using I believe 70 to 80% so just about good.