Exo Suit....

Winter_11

Jul 29, 2019
I've just discovered the Exo-Suit in FTB and a few add-ons like wall jumping upgrade or something like that, my question is; how do I use the Upgrades? and if there is a wiki for it could someone please link me to it?

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't found a wiki, but you need to build an exo modder to work the suit. The mods are mostly universal I BELIEVE, but the wall jumpers and the shoulder piston require a boot or chest piece, respectively. The buoyant barrel makes you fly up to the surface when you press the key you bound it to. The cobblestone drive creates 1 cobble per 1-2 seconds (relatively slow). Both can function on a pair of pants, and they should work on the other bits of armor.

The exo modder will have one slot at first, you place the armour in that slot. Other slots will open for you once the armour is in place. There are two buttons that will show up when the upgrade is put in the slot. The bottom button will change the key binding for activating the upgrade, and the top button will change how it responds to the button (toggle, only on when pushed, only off when pushed, etc.)

That's about all I know about the exos, hope it helps

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone figured out how the wall jumping works?

It's pretty buggy at the minute unless you actually set it to have a separate key for the wall jump and hit it at the right time. The 'Always' option seems to only work part of the time, same for the shoulder mounted piston. When you pull it off right though you can bounce off a wall onto a two block high ledge.

Overall the Exo suit is still in development and pretty useless at the minute, I imagine there will be a lot more upgrades to add armour rating and other perks you might want in future. It's a great idea though, quantum is cool and all but it makes a lot of stuff from other mods invalid. Having a powerful suit of armour with the option not to have no hunger requirement or no fall damage will work great with other mods.

Reactions: RedBoss

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
you can already add protection. just put a standard piece of armor matching the exo piece you are upgrading into one of the upgrade slots.
The armor piece you use do loose durability tho, but you can stack multiple armors in there to stack up the durability. I didn't test the protection aspect well enough to confirm that this part works as intended tho.

Frogsmasher

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I've been tryin to find any info on the exo I can. Where's the Exo modder at? You guys using the basic beta pack or magic or what type?