Error downloading modpack!!! FIX - Mindcrack Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

svndi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I had this problem myself and I did a bit of troubleshooting.

In the console, it shows the link for the mindcrack pack source, so I thought I guess I'll download it directly, and here's how to get it working.

1. Go to your FTB Directory and delete it.
2. Go to %AppData% and find ftblauncher. Delete that folder.
3. Go to the feed the beast website and download the launcher again.
4. If using the mindcrack pack, go to this link http://www.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/f80d47749825a232214cfe56556130ff/modpacks^MindCrack^8_1_1^MindCrack_Client.zip
(I don't know other packs, but if you go into the console when you get the "Error downloading modpack!!!" there should be two links, click the top one.)
5. Once downloaded, go into the zip.
6. If you have installed the launcher again, in %AppData% there should be another ftblauncher folder, go into that folder.
7. Go to modpacks, to the modpack you use, then take the two folders that are in the ZIP you downloaded, and put them in the modpack folder.
8. Boot the launcher, click the modpack you want to use.
9. It should say "Downloading Modpack..." Cancel this.
10. Wait, and it should say downloading minecraft.jar or something like that.
11. Let it run, and you're ready to go!

I hope this helped anyone with the problem.

-svndi

angrycharizard

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you SOOOO much! I had the same problem you did and the solution work perfectly!
Also, I'm on a mac so it work on that to!

ThinkInvisible

Jul 29, 2019
Switching to a different server in Advanced Options worked for me.

It seems like the US West server is too slow.

captzapp

Jul 29, 2019
Now I have tried everything.
both above and others write,

but I can not get a full package completely
it is around 39 mb but I can not over 30 mb download

I also tried to download the server part also same problem

hope it is someone who has a good suggestion what else can be done

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Now I have tried everything.
both above and others write,

but I can not get a full package completely
it is around 39 mb but I can not over 30 mb download

I also tried to download the server part also same problem

hope it is someone who has a good suggestion what else can be done

If you want, PM me, and I'll email it to you.
-Cheers

Sisrace

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I had this problem myself and I did a bit of troubleshooting.

In the console, it shows the link for the mindcrack pack source, so I thought I guess I'll download it directly, and here's how to get it working.

1. Go to your FTB Directory and delete it.
2. Go to %AppData% and find ftblauncher. Delete that folder.
3. Go to the feed the beast website and download the launcher again.
4. If using the mindcrack pack, go to this link http://www.creeperrepo.net/direct/FTB2/f80d47749825a232214cfe56556130ff/modpacks^MindCrack^8_1_1^MindCrack_Client.zip
(I don't know other packs, but if you go into the console when you get the "Error downloading modpack!!!" there should be two links, click the top one.)
5. Once downloaded, go into the zip.
6. If you have installed the launcher again, in %AppData% there should be another ftblauncher folder, go into that folder.
7. Go to modpacks, to the modpack you use, then take the two folders that are in the ZIP you downloaded, and put them in the modpack folder.
8. Boot the launcher, click the modpack you want to use.
9. It should say "Downloading Modpack..." Cancel this.
10. Wait, and it should say downloading minecraft.jar or something like that.
11. Let it run, and you're ready to go!

I hope this helped anyone with the problem.

-svndi
It didnt work :'(

Sisrace

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gosh... Feeling so stupid right now. I put the ftb launcher to put the files into my c:/programfiles(86x)/gamefolders/ftb So when i starts the launcher i dont look on the console. now i did and saw that access denied. so i changed the folder to a ftb folder on the desktop and BOOM it workes. So.. You guys who has the same problem. try to change the folder from a programfiles folder to a desktop. (think the desktop is much more open and the programfiles folder is much more safe and dont let stuff in there too easy

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hey I followed all the steps given above and it still gives me this error when I log into a server. Can anyone help me out?
http://pastebin.com/jie9ZLQV
I see you have, at least on the updated Java part. That is good cause Java is the cause of 90% of peoples problems...

Could you also please post the console log to pastbin? Really need that and the crash log both to give better advice.

Volcate

Jul 29, 2019
I see you have, at least on the updated Java part. That is good cause Java is the cause of 90% of peoples problems...

Could you also please post the console log to pastbin? Really need that and the crash log both to give better advice.

Sorry for the late response, here's the paste pin for the system console log http://pastebin.com/mxE4JuEQ.

The mods I'm currently using in addition to FTB are:
- Backpack (1.4.7)
- Dungeon Mobs v1.11.3 (1.4.7)
- Balkon's weapon mod (1.4.7)
- FarmCraftory2.0.7 (1.4.7)

If you need anything else let me know and thanks for the help, very much appreciated.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the late response, here's the paste pin for the system console log http://pastebin.com/mxE4JuEQ. If you need anything else let me know and thanks for the help.
This looks like you're trying to launch a world that has (or had) different mods when it was created. If you created the world with a base modpack, then removed or added any mods, then you'll have errors. At this time, you do not have the "Error downloading modpack" error, and should post your own thread (since your problem presently in no way is the same at the one that this thread is about).

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Volcate

Jul 29, 2019
This looks like you're trying to launch a world that has (or had) different mods when it was created. If you created the world with a base modpack, then removed or added any mods, then you'll have errors. At this time, you do not have the "Error downloading modpack" error, and should post your own thread (since your problem presently in no way is the same at the one that this thread is about).

Now I'm getting "Done" when I log in is there any way to fix this?

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Now I'm getting "Done" when I log in is there any way to fix this?
Please start your own thread....

Reactions: Ashzification
Status
Not open for further replies.