EPiC Craft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I was curious as to what everybody thought of and how everyone was doing in EPiC Craft.

I personally struggled with it until I found a village. Then it was pretty easy, except for some reason all of a sudden my sanity and water level plummets. I think I may be having a heat stroke, as sweating has been a major problem for me. I cant seem to find a good way to cool down other than sitting in water, which still takes forever.

So what are everyone else's thoughts on this modpack?

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Not playing EPiC Craft at the moment, but you should try to incorporate snow/ice blocks of any kind (chisel, mfr and whatnot) into your buildings, it will lower your temperature (it used too, atleast) :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I was curious as to what everybody thought of and how everyone was doing in EPiC Craft.

I personally struggled with it until I found a village. Then it was pretty easy, except for some reason all of a sudden my sanity and water level plummets. I think I may be having a heat stroke, as sweating has been a major problem for me. I cant seem to find a good way to cool down other than sitting in water, which still takes forever.

So what are everyone else's thoughts on this modpack?
Drink cold water.
I'd be using EpiCraft more if it didn't ship with Iguana TiCo Tweaks and could be bothered to update AM2 to AM2 1.2 branch.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a mod issue more than anything, but I don't really need an explanatory book for Open Blocks and TiC when the more pressing issue is hunger, health, and thirst. I can't even tell if those mods *have* explanatory books, but they need em. Especially since I can't make a bed yet and have no idea how to remove insanity aside from killing myself. And how do you get health back exactly?

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a mod issue more than anything, but I don't really need an explanatory book for Open Blocks and TiC when the more pressing issue is hunger, health, and thirst. I can't even tell if those mods *have* explanatory books, but they need em. Especially since I can't make a bed yet and have no idea how to remove insanity aside from killing myself. And how do you get health back exactly?

Sanity usually regenerates VERY slowly over time, assuming it it isn't night or there are mobs near you or you have low health. Right now in one world, I am stuck at 0 sanity because I only have have half a heart and I can't figure out how to regain health.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Insanity IIRC is gained back when in light, and flowers also help.

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
I noped so hard the moment I opened the pack. Looks cool and challenging, but not my playstyle. I play minecraft to relax and make cool toys and buildings. Super-brutal-extra-hardmode packs have no appeal, since it's hard enough to get me to turn the difficulty up to normal.

Giant hordes of monsters that blow up the landscape if I forget to sleep for even a second completely break my immersion. I don't need to up the amount of them.

Reactions: AlCapella

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just started the modpack and I'm intrigued by it, moreso than most packs. I spawed up high on a mountain and the first thing I see is birds flying around, big soaring birds, in Minecraft! I like it!!

But yeah, I got to nightfall, and did my usual thing - take 5 planks and make a boat, spend the night cruising around the oceans, mapping and exploring. I need clay, apparently, to get started with Tinkers - so off I go, into the night... well by 10:30pm I'm already in hypothermia, shivering, I have no armor, heck, no clothing on. lol And I have no fire, which a quick research says I will need in order to recover - even just torches would do it. Nope. Didn't spend a second looking for coal, and even if I did, could I really even mine it yet since I can't make a wooden pickaxe?

So yeah, this pack might keep my attention longer than a few minecraft days. Time will tell but it's off to a good start. Or two. Or three. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could collect gravel and clay like she does... break one and get all of em. :) But it looks like that mod isn't in the pack now?

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I wish I could collect gravel and clay like she does... break one and get all of em. :) But it looks like that mod isn't in the pack now?

Unless they updated it in the past couple of days, veinminer should be in there. You use sneak when mining to mine it all out at once.

My real problem is getting my health to regenerate. I can't figure out which foods seem to do it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Unless they updated it in the past couple of days, veinminer should be in there. You use sneak when mining to mine it all out at once.

My real problem is getting my health to regenerate. I can't figure out which foods seem to do it.

Okay, I wasn't sneaking, that's the problem then... thanks.

I have a whole bunch of problems. I need fire so I can cook some food but I can't make tools to mine coal or anything. I did gather some clay, some gravel and sand, so I make grout, but I still need to make a furnace to make the seared bricks so I can make some Tinker's Construct tools.

And of course, while I'm doing all this, I'm running low on food because I ignored looking for any. But most of all right now, I'm a bit befuddled at how to get started when you can't make a wooden pickaxe. I'm stuck in a hole waiting out the night because I have no torches. At least I was able to block myself in. Believe it or not, I can hear a blaze or something right outside my little makeshift cave. A blaze? In the overworld. Hoo boy... I've already been chased by apes, crocodiles, rhinos, and in one failed attempt I discovered a big yeti that just wouldn't leave me alone and camped himself right outside my front door. Lovely fellow.

Anyhoo... how the heck do I mine stone to make a furnace?

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I wasn't sneaking, that's the problem then... thanks.

I have a whole bunch of problems. I need fire so I can cook some food but I can't make tools to mine coal or anything. I did gather some clay, some gravel and sand, so I make grout, but I still need to make a furnace to make the seared bricks so I can make some Tinker's Construct tools.

And of course, while I'm doing all this, I'm running low on food because I ignored looking for any. But most of all right now, I'm a bit befuddled at how to get started when you can't make a wooden pickaxe. I'm stuck in a hole waiting out the night because I have no torches. At least I was able to block myself in. Believe it or not, I can hear a blaze or something right outside my little makeshift cave. A blaze? In the overworld. Hoo boy... I've already been chased by apes, crocodiles, rhinos, and in one failed attempt I discovered a big yeti that just wouldn't leave me alone and camped himself right outside my front door. Lovely fellow.

Anyhoo... how the heck do I mine stone to make a furnace?

Yetis spawn all the time in snow biomes, so I wouldn't recommend staying in one. Then again maybe I would because you could probably place torches everywhere without getting heat stroke.[DOUBLEPOST=1406672874][/DOUBLEPOST]To make the furnace, first you need to make a flint pick axe. None of the vanilla recipes work, so you are making all your tools through TiCo.

Copper comes after flint, so if the flint pick can't mine cobble, the copper one definitely will.

Flint is made from putting 4 gravel in a crafting table not in a square.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the response BigMac.

Well... it's beginning to make sense to me. The part where the modpack creator says "My goal is to make you use every mod in the pack and make you think about it every step of the way"... or something similar to that.

When I did TiCo in other packs, I literally jump right into cobalt/ardite/manyullyn, it doesn't take too long. I do remember lamenting the fact that "this mod has all this cool stuff, like blue slimes", but by the time I actually got to where the blue slimes are, I didn't need to make tools out of blue slimes anymore. :(

So, my haste in previous games to "get to the good stuff" left me unprepared for the simple stuff... like tools can be made from flint. And also, I didn't RTFM which was right in my inventory and would have shown me all about flint. Why didn't I read it? "I already know everything in that book, I've done TiCo way too many times now." :rolleyes:

Hey, this modpack is great fun so far. I think this is what I needed, to shake up my Minecrafting world a bit. Makes it all fresh and new again, when you're standing there scratching your head and wondering how to proceed. :)

Which is the mod that's adding all the mobs? I am really diggin' all of the ones I've seen so far, even a Mermaid or Merman or something, shooting arrows at me! lol Love it!

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Special mobs, grimoire of gaia 2, and project zulu core all spawn mobs, and there are a couple from Ars Magica 2.

Drengsta

Jul 29, 2019
Call me crazy or lucky but this is one of the first more hardcore (used loosely of course) packs I have had zero trouble starting out in. Maybe it was the orchard biome but so far going strong on day 826 on my friend's server. Remember you don't have to make new tools to level up just upgrade the head in the tool station to the new material!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just started for the day... right away, a big problem.

NEI says the recipe for flint is 4 gravel. So I put four gravel in my little crafting box, and instead of flint, I get "gravel bricks" or something. So how the heck do I craft flint? Why do I have so much trouble with these modpacks?