Energy transportation alternatives to tessaract.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any other cheaper way to transport energy without cables over large distances let's 300 blocks. I have wind farm in plan to fuel my base but it is high up and I don't want to drag 300 meters of cables.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
EnderIO has the dimensional transceiver, it's moderately cheaper than the tesseract and does basically the same job.

Reactions: RedBoss

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Though it taxes the energy iirc.
But I don't think theres anything cheaper.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Wow we are getting super spoiled, *oldmanvoice* Back in my day all we had was MJ teleportation tubes. If we wanted EU power at a satellite base we have to build a totally new setup and that's how we liked it (or didn't I don't know).
If only Minecraft's mechanics facilitated entity based transport better, I would love to rely on say Railcraft to transport fuel over long distances but due to how the game deals with entities and loaded chunks I find it unreliable.

Frankly tesseracts have spoiled us even more so if we ask for something cheaper.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Item transportis one thing. Energy is another matter. As long as they keep the 25% loss, I will keep my power remote. That in itself is easily skirted though with more powerful engines/generators and better storage blocks since those black and white old days.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Item transportis one thing. Energy is another matter. As long as they keep the 25% loss, I will keep my power remote. That in itself is easily skirted though with more powerful engines/generators and better storage blocks since those black and white old days.
Who has a 25% power loss again? EnderIO?

As for sending the power 500 blocks without 500 blocks worth of cables, why not use 500 blocks of rails and Railcraft to send a cart that carries power for you? Does Railcraft have a RF storage cart like it does for EU? If not... one may have to play the "conversion game" on both ends. "Thankfully", it's getting easier and easier these days to beat that game. -_-

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I consider that a trade off for the cheaper receipee.

I think Remote IO also has RF transport capabilities, depending on the distance you need to send the power that might be a cheaper option. Once you go trans-dimensional the respective upgrade is pretty expensive I think.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013

As for sending the power 500 blocks without 500 blocks worth of cables, why not use 500 blocks of rails and Railcraft to send a cart that carries power for you? Does Railcraft have a RF storage cart like it does for EU? If not... one may have to play the "conversion game" on both ends. "Thankfully", it's getting easier and easier these days to beat that game. -_-
whatever the loss is for rf over tesseracts.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm. You could use turtles to place energy cells, which are transported using enderchest.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm. You could use turtles to place energy cells, which are transported using enderchest.

It won't work in our modpack enderchest require tesseract to build

For several reasons one of them would be aesthetics in this case. I am building Aztec like place but i need some power in my basement I can't have trains, cables etc. running around.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I knoe I could I was considering that but it's better with remote transport in that case there was a lot of turning going under ground etc.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I already have trancivers so it doesn't matter anymore. As for fun ideas I was thinking about transponder thing from blood magic set in my base and bettery near windfarm that would emit redstone pulse when battery is dead to swap with charged one from windfarm but I haven't even started with blood magic yet so no way near.

Generaly moving battery around is much easier than moving energy itself.

Reactions: YX33A

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I already have trancivers so it doesn't matter anymore. As for fun ideas I was thinking about transponder thing from blood magic set in my base and bettery near windfarm that would emit redstone pulse when battery is dead to swap with charged one from windfarm but I haven't even started with blood magic yet so no way near.

Generaly moving battery around is much easier than moving energy itself.

I'm looking at blood magic at the moment too.

My main thing, initially at least, is a desire to sustain Ritual of the Green Grove permanently over a really huge magical crops farm.

I'm thinking I might need quite a large automatic villager sacrificing apparatus to make it work.

Villager persecution method #76489.7 :D