Enderchest: My stuff is disappearing!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on a server and I've been using ender chests for a while with absolutely no problems. Today, I was trying an ender pouch charging setup. But now when I put anything in my ender chest or ender pouch, it disappears.

I disconnected the ender chest from the setup and just set it down on its own and confirmed that whenever I put any item into the chest, it disappears. I've already lost a jetpack and a chainsaw (and a bunch of cobble during testing)

What the heck is happening?

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
It's disappearing literally a second after I put it there. and there's no one on the server right now.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Someone else on the server is using a chest with the same colour wool pattern on the top as yours I'd guess. Track it down and see if your stuff is there.

To stop this happening again, you can add a diamond to the hasp of the chest to make it into a private network of chests that only you can place (other people can get into the chest but only you can place them by adding the diamond). You get the diamond back if you break the chest.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
How do you re-color your chests? The recipe of ender chest above three dyes doesn't work for me.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
This should work but as soon as someone sees it you gonna have to change it.

Diamond lock it gusmahler
Yea, he asked how to change the color, but the diamond is the best idea.

What's your coloring, anyways? If it's like 2nd or 3rd tier dyes, you shouldn't have too big of a problem unless someone is trying to steal your stuff. But if you used Whitewhitewhite...yea, you shouldn't be using it in the first place.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
That happens when you automatically pump stuff into it. If you manually put items into it, it's not a problem. That's a known problem.

HLang1989

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same issue in SP. switched the enderchest color from all white to (anything else) and the issue went away instantly.