1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bug Ender Storage(?) Crash

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by Type1Ninja, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja New Member

So, I've made my own modpack (it's called Colony; check my sig if you're curious), and on my personal server for it, I can no longer load the world; it doesn't start all the way up. One of the mods I'm using is Ender Storage, and glancing at the log, I think that's the issue. I've stored various stuff in an ender pouch with the code white-white-white, including some stuff like machines with NBT data on them.
    I know I'm not providing much information, but I really don't feel like trying to fix the issue myself - a friend is bugging me to get it fixed so we can keep playing. I'm wondering if anyone has seen the issue before and knows how to fix it, or can tell a bit more information from the log.
    Note that the server doesn't actually crash; no crash logs are created in the crash-reports folder. Instead, I'm providing the latest server log as an attachment.

Forge Version: 1.7.10-Forge10.13.3.1403-1.7.10
    Mods List (the spacing is because it was pasted from Google Drive):
    Applied Energistics by AlgorithmX2

BiblioCraft by Nuchaz

Big Reactors by Erogenous Beef

CoFH Core by the CoFH Team

Thermal Foundation by the CoFH Team

Buildcraft by CovertJaguar, SirSengir, Krapht, cpw, and spacetoad

CodeChickenCore by Chickenbones

EnderStorage by Chickenbones

NotEnoughItems by Chickenbones

Translocator by Chickenbones

ChickenChunks by Chickenbones

Galacticraft(Core) by micdoodle8

MicdoodleCore by micdoodle8

iChun Util by iChun

Torched by iChun

Inventory Tweaks by Kobata

Jabba by ProfMobius

TiC Tooltips by squeek502

Waila Harvestability by squeek502

Tinker's Construct by boni and the Slime Knights/mDiyo

Tinker's Mechworks by pillbox, Gyro, and mDiyo

Tinker's Steelworks by Ephys and Toops

Steve's Carts 2 by Vswe

Steve's Factory Manager by Vswe

Simply Jetpacks by Tonius

NEI Integration by Tonius

Nether Ores by the CoFH Team

Thermal Expansion by the CoFH Team

Minefactory Reloaded by the CoFH Team

Redstone Arsenal by the CoFH Team

Minetweaker by StanH

Mapwriter by mapwriter

EnderIO by CrazyPants

Project Red (Every Module) by MrTJP, Chickenbones

ModTweaker by joshiejack and SpitefulFox

Secret Rooms by AbrarSyed

Chisel by TheCricket26

OpenModslib, OpenBlocks, and OpenPeripherals (Core, Addons, and Integration) by the OpenMods Team

Thermal Dynamics by Team CoFH

Aroma1997Core and AromaBackup by Aroma1997

Refined Relocation by Dynious

JourneyMap by techbrew

Hardcore Questing Mode by Vswe, Newcastlegeek, and lorddusk

Portal Gun by iChun

Gravity Gun by iChun

RFTools by McJty

Solar Flux by Nauktis

WR-CBE by Chickenbones

RFDrills by goldenapple

RF Windmills by piepenguin

Steve's Addons by hilburn

Iguanas Tinker Tweaks by boni

Extra Utilities by RWTema

Random Things by lumien

Thermal Recycling by OreCruncher

Matter Overdrive by simonradivoev

OpenModularTurrets by Poenjabiesous, Keridos, and UntouchedWagons

Latest Log attached as file. It's kinda big. :p

Attached Files:

2. immibis

immibis New Member

Relevant part:
    Code:
    ava.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
       at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.load(EnderStorageManager.java:109) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
       at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.<init>(EnderStorageManager.java:80) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
       at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.reloadManager(EnderStorageManager.java:140) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
       at codechicken.enderstorage.EnderStorage.preServerStart(EnderStorage.java:76) ~[EnderStorage.class:?]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:532) ~[FMLModContainer.class:?]
       at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:212) ~[LoadController.class:?]
       at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:190) ~[LoadController.class:?]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) ~[guava-17.0.jar:?]
       at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:119) [LoadController.class:?]
       at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.serverAboutToStart(Loader.java:834) [Loader.class:?]
       at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerAboutToStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:273) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
       at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:256) [lt.class:?]
       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: Not in GZIP format
       at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.readHeader(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_45]
       at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74796_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:29) ~[du.class:?]
       at codechicken.enderstorage.api.EnderStorageManager.load(EnderStorageManager.java:101) ~[EnderStorageManager.class:?]
       ... 33 more

It looks like your world has corrupted Ender Storage data somehow, and it can't load it. Move your world's EnderStorage folder somewhere else (so Minecraft won't see it) and see if the server starts. If that works, you'll lose the contents of ender chests and and ender tanks.

If you decide to make a bug report, send him the corrupted folder with it.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  3. Harvest88

Harvest88 New Member

Better plan to avoid losing contents for no reasons is to MOVE it outside of the server's directory. then if it doesn't works then you didn't lose things for no reasons.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  4. immibis

immibis New Member

I edited my post.

Type1Ninja and Harvest88 like this.
  5. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja New Member

Thanks for the advice; I was storing a lot of stuff in there, so that's a shame, but I'm far enough along that I can get 99% of it back. :)

6. lenscas

lenscas Over-Achiever

I can't even count the amount of times worlds get corrupted because a Mod from chickenbones,I start to wonder why.

Not blaming him or anything, It is just something I noticed.

epidemia78 likes this.
  7. epidemia78

epidemia78 New Member

Especially enderstorage...

Type1Ninja likes this.
  8. Inaeo

Inaeo New Member

Back ups are your friends. Better to lose a days work than a world. Especially if you have something like AromaBackup every two hours or so, you can really minimize the damage if things go sideways. Good luck.

9. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja New Member

I AM backing up with A-Backup. I'll probably just restore the data from the most recent successful run (although I'm not sure I can remember when that was XD). :p Thanks for the recommendation anyway.

10. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

I am having a very similar issue, I haven't placed or crafted any EnderStorage items so my world is fine. But In NEI when the Ender Tank Renders My world suffers "A fatal error has occurred..." and the Enderchest caused severe lag anytime I put the recipe into a crafting table so I decided not to use them. Is there any fix? because I know ChickenBones doesn't update "Outdated" versions of their mods and they have already released 1.8 :/

11. Bickers

Bickers New Member

are you running a old version of forge? last time i seen crashes with ender tank rendering was when forge was changing the fluid system

12. jdog1408

jdog1408 New Member

most up to date forge, I removed it and now my pack has no crashes that I know of and performance is better
    EDIT: I am running the latest Recommended forge.