Ender IO with TiC

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
With Ender IO becoming so popular now and having some cross mod support. I know that MFR now has an option to use Ender IO recipes which I think is really good for cross mod support.

It would be cool if there was a mod that would let you use the Ender IO alloys with TiC. I don’t think extra TiC let you do this but I could be wrong.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
With Ender IO becoming so popular now and having some cross mod support. I know that MFR now has an option to use Ender IO recipes which I think is really good for cross mod support.

It would be cool if there was a mod that would let you use the Ender IO alloys with TiC. I don’t think extra TiC let you do this but I could be wrong.

Theres no molten versions or I would have added tico/enderio integration with my modtweaker scripts.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
ProjectRed already adds a redstone+iron recipe for red alloy ingots.
And I'm not sure if molten soul sand or molten silicon would make any sense.
Though it could be interesting to make tools with these alloys

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I believe CrazyPants was already working on adding dark steel to the Tinker's Construct materials

I'm hoping Crazypants will be adding compatibility for the Tinker's Construct tools to the Ender IO machines.
for example instead of needing both an axe and a hoe in the farming station you could instead use a mattock.
or being able to use cleavers and scythes in the killer joe

Reactions: Yulife

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
I believe CrazyPants was already working on adding dark steel to the Tinker's Construct materials

I'm hoping Crazypants will be adding compatibility for the Tinker's Construct tools to the Ender IO machines.
for example instead of needing both an axe and a hoe in the farming station you could instead use a mattock.
or being able to use cleavers and scythes in the killer joe

And have completly indestructible tools! Not to sure about that balance of that one. I would highly suggested that being a config option.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
And have completly indestructible tools! Not to sure about that balance of that one. I would highly suggested that being a config option.

well, seeing as you can put in the Ender IO tools in the machines, and upgrade them with the capacitor upgrades, if you've a wireless charger near the machines they'll charge the tools while they're in the machine
sure, they still take some damage, but it'll take a long time before those tools will break

plus it's also possible to use the Extra Utilities tools in the Ender IO machines, and those are unbreakable aswell

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
well, seeing as you can put in the Ender IO tools in the machines, and upgrade them with the capacitor upgrades, if you've a wireless charger near the machines they'll charge the tools while they're in the machine
sure, they still take some damage, but it'll take a long time before those tools will break

plus it's also possible to use the Extra Utilities tools in the Ender IO machines, and those are unbreakable aswell

True, yet enderIO tools still take power. There is still a cost involved. Extra utilities... it has some realy great things and some realy broken things. I cant play it without disabling half of it.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Just give them some moss or a flux capacitor and you'll probably never gonna have to repair them.
Edit: But this probably doesn't hold for when you use them in a farming station unless you make a system to pull discharged tools out and recharge them.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Why would TiC tools be indestructible?

There is a stat called reinforced. Using obsidian plates you can increase that stat by 1 level per plate. With 1 piece obsidian and 7 modifers for obsidian plates you level X (10) reincorde wich then becomes unbreakable. Default tools have 3, + 3 from extra modifiers, + 1/2/3 from tool parts (for 2/3/4 piece tools respectively) provides up to 7/8/9 modifier slots. This means you can make an indestructable hatchet/mattok/annything.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting. It's not much less work (and requires a lot more expensive resources!) than setting up a craft-infinite-stone-tools system with an igneous extruder and a bit of wood, so I'd say that's fine.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
There is a stat called reinforced. Using obsidian plates you can increase that stat by 1 level per plate. With 1 piece obsidian and 7 modifers for obsidian plates you level X (10) reincorde wich then becomes unbreakable. Default tools have 3, + 3 from extra modifiers, + 1/2/3 from tool parts (for 2/3/4 piece tools respectively) provides up to 7/8/9 modifier slots. This means you can make an indestructable hatchet/mattok/annything.

it's not that easy though to make an unbreakable tinker's construct item, it requires alot of obsidian and modifiers to get a tool upto unbreakable