Ender chest thief.... [Mindcrack]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

arduent

Jul 29, 2019
This is kind of funny. For a while now someone on my server has been pumping items out of the community ender chest from an unknown remote location. Each time we change the chest colors the person does the same. As a result many people have lost their items. I would love to catch this person! Is there an item I can put in the chest or a bukkit plugin that I can install etc. to catch this player? Many players have begun using the community ender chest as a convenient trash can -_-

Thanks!

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing would work for sure; the only semi-viable method I can think of would be to give him something he couldn't acquire via normal play, which'd hence reveal the culprit if he were caught with it. You'd have to choose something he'd be tempted to use, of course, and be prepared for the possibility that he could instead plant it in someone else's base.

There's also the possibility that more then one person is doing it.

potter

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just get one person to diamond lock all of the ender chests that you want to share with?
That way people/thieves cant use their own ender chest ( not locked by that first person ) to pipe items out.
I might be remembering the lock mechanic wrong though, but i was under the impression this is how it works.

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
we had a similar problem on our server. though we didn't have a thief...just that the player had accidentally placed the enderchest in a network connected to a router that was extracting items. eventually the guy realised and moved the chest. but having an actual thief is annoying.

solution: switch from enderchests to a Forestry Trade Station set-up...so much cooler.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
If the server is small enough the Admin really should track it down. Then when they discover who set off a nule in the players base and ban them.

Reactions: Harros

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
This person is awesome though, if they can figure out a way to steal stuff and not get caught.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Get a copy of the server and run it as a offline map. Use a Tubestuff Duplicator and a written book as it's output and pump a infinite amount of this written book into the public network. Visit every last base on the server until you find the books again. Go back online and visit their base and pump a using a ender pouch place a custom written book into their storage and then deal with them as you see fit.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
This might work:

1. Kill enderdragon.
2. Get dragon egg, and craft a Dragon Energy Siphon.
3. Setup the energy siphon and the dragon egg so it produces EU (make sure to put this in an well contained and secret area!)
4. Cheat in 3 more dragon eggs and 3 Dragon Energy Siphons, and put them into community chest.
5. Watch for bases to blow up.[DOUBLEPOST=1370925613][/DOUBLEPOST]
This might work:

1. Kill enderdragon.
2. Get dragon egg, and craft a Dragon Energy Siphon.
3. Setup the energy siphon and the dragon egg so it produces EU (make sure to put this in an well contained and secret area!)
4. Cheat in 3 more dragon eggs and 3 Dragon Energy Siphons, and put them into community chest.
5. Watch for bases to blow up.
Correction: only have 1 dragon egg and 1 dragon energy siphon. Having 3 of them will make it very suspicious.

Reactions: RedFox3k

Insufferable Prick

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can tell you that putting nukes in there won't help. If only the wireless trackers from wireless redstone worked when they were in item form, not actually placed in the world... Or do they? I might have to test that.

EDIT: No, they don't, that would be cool though, someone suggest that to the mod author.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Another idea is it's could possibly work if the player is stupidly wanting a ton and half quarries. Loader up and hope he/she will place one by the base and bam cords right off the bat..

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I wished that would actually have a player search to bring a list of chunkloaders the person owns and where they are.