Ender bees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dark Byte

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I play on a server where all ender hives on have been taken. Is there any way (without cheating) to get an ender bee ?

tunnen

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume you could beg/borrow/steal (Don't recommend the last one =P) some drones from another player to try to cross breed a different princess into one. Or alternatively use the extra bee machines to extract the trait to inject into a princess.

I've only just started with extra bees last night and have yet to visit the End on my server yet. So I'm just throwing thoughts out there, don't actually know if they are applicable. =P

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the modpack. One of the nicer things that GregTech does is make the end infinite. It adds endstone asteroids in which ores can spawn and on which beehives can spawn. If you're playing in a modpack with GregTech, you can travel the void until you find an asteroid with a beehive.

Dark Byte

Jul 29, 2019
It's the mindcrack pack with gregtech, and I have explored quite a few asteroids, but none have had ender bees to far.
Do the spawn on top of the land, or also inside ?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
If all the hives are taken, it'll be fairly safe to assume someone's breeding them.
Hopefully you can buy a couple of drones, and just put them with a modest* princess. You can usually get a purebred with 3-4 generations.​
(Extra bees has some expensive tools to make an ender-type serum, which will change your species without loosing/harming/risking the original- it's just expensive to build, expensive to use and very power hungry (like 100MJ/t)- use if you can only borrow one)​

If you can't/they've been lost you could buy one from an admin
(OK- still cheating, but you're paying for it so not as bad)​

*Any princess would work, but Modest is recommended- recessive genome and very easy to collect.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You have to ask Binnie how the ender bees spawn. My guess is that they use the biome to spawn like all other bees but might also be dimension check instead.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Ender bees are "vanilla" Forestry

They require a dragon egg to produce anything. Unless you cheat, there's only one dragon egg.

MavericK96

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, unless I'm missing something, the only benefit to End bees is eventually being able to fabricate Ender Pearls. Which is kind of a long process in the first place, and it's just easier to make an Enderman farm.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention extra bees - the ender bees are a required component in some VERY high-end bees. Seriously, really high end, hint hint.

Dark Byte

Jul 29, 2019
And those are the one's I'm after (eventually)
I tracked down one person and he only has one ender queen (no drones). Is there a 100% sure way to revive this species ?

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, actually. (Presumably you mean princess, not queen.)

Since you apparently do have extra bees, you can use the extra bee machines - specifically, the Isolator - to get serums from the bee, if I recall correctly. One possible serum is the species serum. You then inoculate some other princess and drone with the species, and voila!

I don't think this hurts the bee, either. You might have to try several times to get the right serum, though.

Dark Byte

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I meant princess.
I heard that the isolator now has a chance to destroy the bee you've put in (According to generikb's video today)

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, now that's a shame.
In that case, there's no way to do it with certainty - you'll have to bite your nails and breed the bees.
One idea I had is to reverse the inoculation process - use the machines to inoculate the princess with fertility 3 or 4, and then breed it. This should increase your yield of 'ender' drones. (You can also use this to dodge around the 'flower' requirement.) While this doesn't guarantee success, it should increase your odds significantly.
(Obviously you'll lose the other genetic traits, but you probably aren't very concerned about those.)
Good luck!

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
breed the queen with Modest drones until you isolate the species (very easy with Modest)
breed a crapton of Drones
Start using Alveary Swarmers to produce more queens.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, Alveary Swarmers are a pretty decent idea - well, maybe.
You can get queens that way, but they're 'artificial' and their descendents will eventually die out. On the other hand, you might be able to isolate their species... but I'm not sure whether that's even possible. Still, that would increase your odds somewhat, as long as you also inoculate your bees with Long, Longer, or Longest lives.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Once you can produce a "crapton of drones", you can convert any bee to your target breed, without even extra bees. The swarmer has questionable usage imo unless for some reason you can't explore and pick up normal hive bees

Although, one thing you can do with these temporary swarmer princesses is toss them in an isolator