End of stream errors, need help diagnosing

Status
Not open for further replies.

boberts314

Jul 29, 2019
I just recently starting getting rubberbanding and "end of stream" crashes on my FTB Ultimate server (hosted by a friend, I just play on it). The errors seem to affect only me, and I don't have similar problems on other servers. The effects appear immediately and I usually get the end of stream within a few minutes of logging in. I've done the basic troubleshooting steps, and the server host has done restarts for me but it's had little effect on the problem if any.

If anybody can help diagnosing this I'd be infinitely grateful, we're well past the end of my expertise.

I'm not sure which might be useful, but I've managed to get the consol log and FML log uploaded:
Console: http://pastebin.com/8Sc5YdYm
FML Part 1: http://pastebin.com/rDVZddhD
FML Part 2: http://pastebin.com/GFtm3cBV

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your client setup.

If you continue to have trouble, please post your complete client-side console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it
If you are trying to show a screenshot, please share the image on an image hosting site (such as imgur.com).

If you have already completed some variation of these steps, please just humor me and complete the steps, exactly as listed.

boberts314

Jul 29, 2019
[Strike]I've re-completed the basic troubleshooting and collected a debug version of the console log.

FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again): v1.2.4​
Minecraft Version: 1.4.7​
Java version: 1.7.0_21​
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated: Rubberbanding and "end of stream" crashes on my FTB Ultimate server (hosted by a friend, I just play on it). The errors seem to affect only me, and I don't have similar problems on other servers. The effects appear immediately and I usually get the end of stream within a few minutes of logging in.​
Error logs: Debug Console: http://pastebin.com/YTAU1Ekr [/Strike]​

boberts314

Jul 29, 2019
Further fiddling on the server end seems to have resolved the problem. The host increased the server upload speed and the errors stopped. Not certain why I was the only person with the issue, possibly my connection really is just that bad.

whiskey96

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently have the same issue Bobers314 described I have been playing on a friends FTB ultimate server for about a month or so now and just recently it started to mess up at first it was just bad Fps then some rubberbanding now every time I log in it will let me log in I can see what is going on around be but I cannot interact with anything I can't open any chests ect and when I break blocks it doesn't give them to me I can run around for quiet some time like this then it will finally kick me and say end of stream almost every time I have completely deleted java and FTB and downloaded them both again several times I also checked to see if it was my internet connection which it is not my room mate can play just fine off the same wifi I even plugged my computer straight into the router and the problem still persists I then format'd my computer and got linux where the problem still persists to happen I have tried just about everything I can think of and I still cannot play FTB how ever I can play vanilla minecraft perfectly fine I do not understand what is happening nor do I have any clue how to fix this issue if someone could help me get my head around this I would greatly appreciate it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
q
I am currently have the same issue Bobers314 described I have been playing on a friends FTB ultimate server for about a month or so now and just recently it started to mess up at first it was just bad Fps then some rubberbanding now every time I log in it will let me log in I can see what is going on around be but I cannot interact with anything I can't open any chests ect and when I break blocks it doesn't give them to me I can run around for quiet some time like this then it will finally kick me and say end of stream almost every time I have completely deleted java and FTB and downloaded them both again several times I also checked to see if it was my internet connection which it is not my room mate can play just fine off the same wifi I even plugged my computer straight into the router and the problem still persists I then format'd my computer and got linux where the problem still persists to happen I have tried just about everything I can think of and I still cannot play FTB how ever I can play vanilla minecraft perfectly fine I do not understand what is happening nor do I have any clue how to fix this issue if someone could help me get my head around this I would greatly appreciate it.
Server issue, not client issue.
sounds like severe server lag and they aren't broadcasting well.

whiskey96

Jul 29, 2019
it only happens to me no one else on the server has this issue I get a socket end error so somethings wrong on my side.

whiskey96

Jul 29, 2019
I have perfect connection i have connected to the server from several different computers in my home through the same router and it doesn't do it on them it only happens on my gaming machine I get a end socket error which has nothing to do with the server its something wrong on my side.[DOUBLEPOST=1368672282][/DOUBLEPOST]I know its not the server because I play on 2 servers running off the same VPS 1 is vanilla minecraft and the other is feed the beast and the only one that is messed up is the feed the beast version where I get this error 2013-05-15 22:42:42 [WARNING] [FZ] No renderer for ID 5
2013-05-15 22:42:49 [INFO] [STDOUT] Inserted super call into binnie.craftgui.window.GuiCraftGUI.c
2013-05-15 22:42:50 [INFO] [STDOUT] ComputerCraft: Searching for RedPowerWorld...
2013-05-15 22:42:50 [INFO] [STDOUT] ComputerCraft: RedPowerWorld and methods located.
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at ci.run(SourceFile:120)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have perfect connection i have connected to the server from several different computers in my home through the same router and it doesn't do it on them it only happens on my gaming machine I get a end socket error which has nothing to do with the server its something wrong on my side.[DOUBLEPOST=1368672282][/DOUBLEPOST]I know its not the server because I play on 2 servers running off the same VPS 1 is vanilla minecraft and the other is feed the beast and the only one that is messed up is the feed the beast version where I get this error

That one computer has a shit connection. Everything you're telling us leads to that.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
I have perfect connection i have connected to the server from several different computers in my home through the same router and it doesn't do it on them it only happens on my gaming machine I get a end socket error which has nothing to do with the server its something wrong on my side.[DOUBLEPOST=1368672282][/DOUBLEPOST]I know its not the server because I play on 2 servers running off the same VPS 1 is vanilla minecraft and the other is feed the beast and the only one that is messed up is the feed the beast version where I get this error
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at org.bouncycastle.crypto.io.CipherOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
2013-05-15 22:43:20 [INFO] [STDERR] at ci.run(SourceFile:120)

1) Perfect connections don't excist, even with the infrastructure here in the netherlands and 100/100 connections we drop packets
2) You state All other pc's work fine, so it aint a problem in the modpack / launcher but just this 1 pc
3) Socket closed = losing connection could be many things / driver / faulty hardware / slow machine / wireless / wrong MTU values etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.