End of Stream error. (Win 7 64-bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickodemus

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again): Current
Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
Java version: Current
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated: I crash out with an End of Stream error whenever I get too close to the base. If I stay away from it, it stops and runs perfectly fine. This seems to be the latest error I've been getting. It's worked fine, then I started fiddling around with Logistics Pipes a bit more, also some extra waterproof pipes, then it suddenly started doing that. The server is running a 4.2GHz processor with 6 gigs of dedicated RAM on a SSD.
Error logs:
Code:
2012-11-14 09:36:18 [INFO] [STDERR] [Factorization] Got unhandled message: 140 for (-303, 70, 130) a null
2012-11-14 09:36:20 [INFO] [STDOUT] ComputerCraft: Searching for RedPowerWorld...
2012-11-14 09:36:20 [INFO] [STDOUT] ComputerCraft: RedPowerWorld not found.
2012-11-14 09:36:38 [INFO] [STDOUT] Reached end of stream
2012-11-14 09:36:38 [INFO] [STDOUT] [IC2] Key update failed, packet=da minecraft=ara@6722ed67 sendQueue=null player=null

http://pastebin.com/xy244ZEU

Nickodemus

Jul 29, 2019
Shot at me with a vanilla error I haven't encountered before. Nearly 90% of the time it doesn't return an error.

Karuo

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem, but I don't crash, I just get the end of stream error. This only happens with one server that I play on. A few days ago it was fine but now it's broke. According to one of the admins, the server overloaded my client with data or something thus, the problem.

Help would be much appreciated.
Please help, you staff's out there, not many know how to fix this.

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
I too have a user on my server who is having the same problems. Its worked fine for awhile now, then suddenly today hes getting the end of stream error.... no changes have been made recently. Ive reset the server and the whole server comp and the network just to make sure.

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
So the user is complaining that they keep getting errors, either end of stream or portalgun id conflict crash. I have had so many errors with portal gun in the past, i have no idea why its in the modpack.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
So the user is complaining that they keep getting errors, either end of stream or portalgun id conflict crash. I have had so many errors with portal gun in the past, i have no idea why its in the modpack.
It's a very fun mod, that Slowpoke and the team chose to add to the pack. With the correct modifications to configs and updating of the mod, it works just fine.

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
we deleted portal from the server and it now is working. No more end of stream errors. I would suggest all of you try that as a solution to your problems.

Dark_Energy

Jul 29, 2019
we deleted portal from the server and it now is working. No more end of stream errors. I would suggest all of you try that as a solution to your problems.

How would one do this? I assume you go to the mods folder and delete the portal mod zip. Is there anything else required?

Jwils

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love to know how to do the above as well. If anyone could provide an explanation it would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
Also, IF* you still have problems for some reason with portal...delete the 2 portal config files from the clients/server as well. (KEYWORD: IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.