Enabling ComputerCraft HTTP API

Striker12138

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, this is probably a noob question, but how do I enable the HTTP API?

I open the CC file from the mods list provided on the launcher but I cannot find the mod_ComputerCraft.cfg file.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don't think this is the right section, but I did not have permission to post in Technical Support.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
From the FTBBETA folder

minecraft -> config -> ComputerCraft.cfg

Then 3rd option down is the enableapi_http, change the general= to 'true' and save it.

ChaseNetwork

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't intended as a necro, but it's a subject I can work off of with my question.

One of my users is requesting me to enable the HTTP API, could anyone tell me what the risks involved with that would be? Anything that allows downloading from the internet sounds like a security risk to me.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
This isn't intended as a necro, but it's a subject I can work off of with my question.

One of my users is requesting me to enable the HTTP API, could anyone tell me what the risks involved with that would be? Anything that allows downloading from the internet sounds like a security risk to me.
It runs LUA script from a virtual environment, so the actual danger to anything outside of Minecraft is fairly minimal. However, it allows you to use things like cc-get to download APIs which might unbalance your server, depending on what it helps them do. It also enables sharing of CC programs much easier, and some of these programs can get quite... umm... powerful. Some of the more advanced turtle mining programs kick the socks off of Frame Tunnel Bores or BC Quarries quite easily, as an example.

I'd be more concerned about the game balance aspect than the potential security risk to your server tower.