Empty cell recipe not working, can't make geothermal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make a geothermal generator and you need two empty cells. Various wikis say the recipe is just four tin ingots like this:

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Empty_Cell

However, in game that recipe doesn't result in anything. NEI says that an empty cell comes from putting a compressed air cell in an extractor, and that you get a compressed air cell by putting an empty cell in a compressor which is a nice little catch-22.

I tried making "Universal Liquid Cells" using tin plates and I can fill those up with lava, but they won't work in the geothermal generator recipe.

Any ideas?

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, just figured that out. I had to make a Metal Former IC2 machine, put tin ingots into the former to make tin plates, and then put the plates back in and extrude them to make the cells.

But it was not clear from the beginning, and there's not a lot of info on the Metal Former anywhere. Trail and error I guess :)

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Agreement is not required, but civility is.
[Insulting commentary deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Rude much? He is talking about IC2E, NOT GT. He was talking about the universal cells, so this has NOTHING to do with GT. And please, refrain from calling people names like that. (Not meant to be a personal attack, just a bit of advice)

Last edited by a moderator:

LukeWUK

Jul 29, 2019
Dude hes specifically not talking about those cells.. he hasnt provided enough info on the question for any answer to be right unless u summarise every possible pack. You aint perfect either ur answer was coincedently correct. So chill man dont just say false when either is right .

. when the author of a question hasnt specified all the criteria required and you simply say im false then i will take it as an attack as my answer is just as legit as urez from the question dont make it seem like its worthless .

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
Dude hes specifically not talking about those cells.. he hasnt provided enough info on the question for any answer to be right unless u summarise every possible pack. You aint perfect either ur answer was coincedently correct. So chill man dont just say false when either is right .

. when the author of a question hasnt specified all the criteria required and you simply say im false then i will take it as an attack as my answer is just as legit as urez from the question dont make it seem like its worthless .
Your* doesn't* you* sorry

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, he has provided enough info. He said henneeded cells formthe geothermal gen and that jniversal cells do not work. Universal cells are from 1.6 IC2 therefore i had leverage for saying your answer is false. And please learn how to spell. Every time you shorten a word and use it in a serious manner a kitten dies, so please only use those for twitter since that has some sort of character limit so I cannot think of anything else for this joke.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

Actually he does. He specifies "Universal Fluid Cells" which used to be "Empty Cells" up until IC2Exp in which this changed during the update to 1.6.4. Therefore, regardless of the "packnstuff" the recipe will always be tin plates for Universal Fluid Cells.
jstgt.jpg

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Actually he does. He specifies "Universal Fluid Cells" which used to be "Empty Cells" up until IC2Exp in which this changed during the update to 1.6.4. Therefore, regardless of the "packnstuff" the recipe will always be tin plates for Universal Fluid Cells.
jstgt.jpg
image.jpg

lukethedude

Jul 29, 2019
jstgt.jpg
That picture is my new wallpaper haha

Status
Not open for further replies.