Embittered Bees Help?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hoffey11

Jul 29, 2019
I have found embittered bees and I am wanting to use them in the overworld. I am currently in a plains biome(Normal temp and humidity) and the acclimatiser doesn't seem to be doing anything to the bees. Someone have a word of advice?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I have found embittered bees and I am wanting to use them in the overworld. I am currently in a plains biome(Normal temp and humidity) and the acclimatiser doesn't seem to be doing anything to the bees. Someone have a word of advice?
The acclimatiser takes a long time to work I'm not sure if it is random but expect to use a lot of mats to make the bees what you want them to be.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen the acclimatizer take multiple stacks of materials before having the intended effect. Just have to leave it for a while and let it do its work. If you have access to advanced genetic machines, I'd recommend putting a whole stack of drones in the acclimatizer and getting them to Both_5/Both_5, isolating those traits, and inoculating your other bees with them when you need tolerance.

nyracer23

Jul 29, 2019
I took me a stack and a half of blaze powder to get 1 gain on temp type, right after that it only took 14 to get the next gain. RNG sucks sometimes :)

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, you can use blaze powder? Here I was burning through stacks of lava cans in the early game where they were a pain to get in mass quantities... Though I guess blaze powder would've been too at that point.

Another tip: If I'm not mistaken, once you have tolerance in one direction (cold/wet), you can go the other direction (hot/dry) to change Up/Down to Both, and get all the way from Both_1 to Both_5 that way. If, say, you built in a desert and have a surplus of sand, but don't have a lot of beeswax for water capsules, you could use water capsules first to get to Up_1 humidity, then go the rest of the way to Both_5 with sand.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can just keep pouring in sand. I maxed out both tolerances both ways using nothing but sand (macerated from cobble) and ice (silk-touched with a rock cutter from a nearby pool). I started with rocky bees, as they sport both/2 tolerances from the beginning.

Don't just throw a stack of drones in there, it'd be a massive waste of resources. Fully acclimatise one princess and one drone then put the machine away somewhere (just doing these two bees will take quite a few stacks of resources - don't expect to pull it off within a day, regardless as to whether you've got them on tap). Give them maximum fertility then just put them in a simple breeding looper apiary - once that's made you your drone stack they're ready for the isolator.

It wouldn't surprise me if some resources are more effective then others, but you might as well go with something cheap and work on something else in the meantime - rather then going with something expensive, and spending all your time trying to harvest the resources for it.

If you don't have the ability to inoculate traits yet then give up on embittered bees for now. Get the basics done first. It'll save you a lot of time in the long run.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Don't just throw a stack of drones in there, it'd be a massive waste of resources. Fully acclimatise one princess and one drone

The acclimatizer actually does all drones in a stack simultaneously. Using a stack of drones lets you do the process just once, instead of twice + a bunch of breeding if you do a princess and a drone.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Really? O_O Well that sounds a bit exploity... I'll still take advantage of it if I ever have to use it again though, thanks! ;)