Eldritch Guardian - Sometimes tough, sometimes not?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so since the new update and the inclusion of both Thaumcraft and the thaumcraft tinkers mods, I've been seeing these Eldritch Guardian mobs spawning. They come with a big aoe of fog that makes my place difficult to see and I've had a few rough times with them.

However, they seem to come with verying degrees of difficulty to fight. I have dropped down and taken one out with two swings, barely taking any damage with relatively light armor on, and other times I've been one-shotted while wearing diamond armor and using the best Manyullin Sword I could make with Tinkers Construct (2 stacks of quartz for +15 attack damage +Fiery). It seems to vary and I was trying to find a wiki entry for them but there doesn't appear to be one yet.

Does anyone know more about these things? What causes them to spawn? Why they seem to have varying degrees of badassitude?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't figured out how to spawn them yet. I did know they exist because I rummage through configs. They are VERY new. Things are VERY alpha-beta so it could change.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they spawned when your mind was suitably warped, but I haven't gone that crazy yet so I can't check :(

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
...What. PACK!? And are you sure it's TT?
Because that sorta sounds familiar and it ain't TT that I remember it from.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
It'll be on 1.7.10, and I think it's from regular Thaumcraft rather than Thaumic Tinkerer.

Are you thinking of AM2's Arcane Guardians?

Reactions: RedBoss

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It'll be on 1.7.10, and I think it's from regular Thaumcraft rather than Thaumic Tinkerer.

Are you thinking of AM2's Arcane Guardians?
No, Void Monsters from(drum roll...) Reika's Void Monster mod.
(two snare drums and a cymbal fall down a hill)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they spawned when your mind was suitably warped, but I haven't gone that crazy yet so I can't check :(
I have 30 minutes of flux phage last night but no Eldritch stuff. I've avoided most of the big nasty research as well. I'll probably try to induce full darkness this weekend. Hopefully the nausea won't clash with bbq.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I have 30 minutes of flux phage last night but no Eldritch stuff. I've avoided most of the big nasty research as well. I'll probably try to induce full darkness this weekend. Hopefully the nausea won't clash with bbq.
Wow, that's pretty intense. I've had the fog, and a message saying that something stirred within it, but there was no guardian, and it cleared up after a while

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ho-lee Fucking Fedora Tipping Euphoric Jesus Christ On A Pogo-Stick. TC 1.7.10 is fucking awesome.
Oi, @Succubism why didn't you tell me us ME TC 1.7.10 was way fucking better then NoScope Simulator?!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Ho-lee Fucking Fedora Tipping Euphoric Jesus Christ On A Pogo-Stick. TC 1.7.10 is fucking awesome.
Oi, @Succubism why didn't you tell me us ME TC 1.7.10 was way fucking better then NoScope Simulator?!
Because I couldn't care less about TC anymore.
Was that not clear?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Because I couldn't care less about TC anymore.
Was that not clear?
mlfw5523_medium.jpg

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that's pretty intense. I've had the fog, and a message saying that something stirred within it, but there was no guardian, and it cleared up after a while
So far I've had the flux flu, periodic blurring and blindness, flux phage, and serious hunger. I haven't even crafted any items yet or gottwn that deep into research. Another point is I enable easy mode research because I dont like the matching game. Its pretty balanced though since I end up using more points.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd. See the server I am playing on ADDED TC for 1.7.10 after I had already gotten established in other mods. I didn't get the message about things stirring but the day they added the mod the fog rolled in and me and my GF got ambushed by one. I can kill them most of the time without trouble but once and a while they one shot me and I don't know how. They also spawn in my little cursed earth blood farm beneath my well of suffering room. Every time they do my area suddenly becomes encased in fog...

I wanna catch one in a safari net and make a spawner for them. Then I can actually create a 'Silent Hill' style town with terrified villagers and everything.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Are they spawning in a magical forest biome? Are you actually down TC research? Maybe its because I haven't been out much at night. I did go endermen hunting recently and that's when all the negative affects hit.

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
Im in a cherry tree grove. No magical forest for dozens of chunks. :(

I guess im just lucky huh?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
So far I've had the flux flu, periodic blurring and blindness, flux phage, and serious hunger. I haven't even crafted any items yet or gottwn that deep into research. Another point is I enable easy mode research because I dont like the matching game. Its pretty balanced though since I end up using more points.
I've had most of those, but I've never had flux phage for 30 minutes before. I've also had the death stare and sun scorched ones (One is fun, the other is not)

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting ripped off. I discover the darn things 5 minutes after its public and have yet to encounter them in game.