Easy Mana

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting into botania, I just made a soujourner's sash, and it took forever. I mean, with a rail craft coke oven producing coal coke sped up the process a bit, but it's still super slow. I have also made one thermalily and will also make a lava fabricator for it, but I don't know if that's worthwhile. I don't want to spend 30 mins making flowers that make barely any mana at all. I want to have prior knowledge I wouldn't otherwise have. :)

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Tree farm.
Charcoal.
If you have Mekanism, charcoal blocks.
Endoflames.
Lots of mana.

With some vanilla redstone and pressure plate, coupled with Botania's own mechanism, automated feeding of those charcoal/charcoal blocks can be done easily.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fond of 4 the lava flowers sucking up lava that is created by blood magic. Fills fast enough to satisfy me.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
The key thing is to use multiple flowers. Just one will be slow no matter what. I suggest multiple thermalillies or the multiple lava flowers.

Reactions: mattp_12

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Thermalilies have been nerfed recently (recently means it's not yet in the Direwolf20 pack). They now produce mana in short bursts with a cooldown between them.
A decent number of Endoflames (around 10) is your best bet for easy mana production. You just have to make sure that you don't drop too much charcoal at once.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Ljfa and PierceSG have the right approach for early game. You can set up a timer (a bunch of mods have them) to trigger droppers. Normal mana spreaders should only be paired with 3 endoflames if you use blocks of coal or charcoal. The timers should be set to half the burn time (in furnace) +100 ticks to get the timing right, which for coal blocks (and charcoal blocks) means 8100 (as their burn time is 16000 ticks).

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can use an open crate above a wooden pressure plate. Connect the pressure plate to a hopper feeding the crate. This way when charcoal lands on the pressure plate the redstone signal will stop the hopper until it is picked up. No need for timers, just redstone :)

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Or you can use an open crate above a wooden pressure plate. Connect the pressure plate to a hopper feeding the crate. This way when charcoal lands on the pressure plate the redstone signal will stop the hopper until it is picked up. No need for timers, just redstone :)
That would mean that you would have coal blocks despawning, as the time it takes for an endoflame to consume one (8000 ticks) is longer than the time for an item to despawn (6000 ticks) and not everyone uses Better Storage (or whatever the mod is that has crates)

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
That would mean that you would have coal blocks despawning, as the time it takes for an endoflame to consume one (8000 ticks) is longer than the time for an item to despawn (6000 ticks)
Well yea it wouldn't work with charcoal blocks, but it's just fine with charcoal.

and not everyone uses Better Storage (or whatever the mod is that has crates)
I was referring to Botania's open crate, which drops items inserted into it straight down

Reactions: PierceSG

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
That would mean that you would have coal blocks despawning, as the time it takes for an endoflame to consume one (8000 ticks) is longer than the time for an item to despawn (6000 ticks) and not everyone uses Better Storage (or whatever the mod is that has crates)

Or you could have a Hopperhock available to pick up any excess.

Reactions: PierceSG

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Botania actually have a lot of tools that works really well for automation, in conjunction with vanilla tools.