Easiest way to get rid of tall grass?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
What would you say is the easiest way to get rid of the large amounts of tall grass in the many of the "open" biomes?

Its just really annoying for me seeing so much tall grass, I wouldn't mind if it was one or two here and there, or even in small patches, but its just everywhere! D:

I've tried water, but that usually ends up extremely annoying as there's usually a ton of hills and holes that keep blocking/ redirecting the water which leaves tons of grass intact and if I spam water everywhere, it creates really large infinite water pools which are in turn a bigger pain to clean up. T_T

So if anyone knows a better method or a mod that can help with this, I'd reaaally like to hear about it. :p

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
But would that not be the same as just punching it?
Sorry, I may have not have phrased it right.

I mean the fastest and/ or easiest ways way to clear a large area from tall grass, like clearing and entire Meadow from all of its tall grass.

I'm in creative mode and I'm trying to clear the area from it, I suppose I "could" just punch the grass away, but that would just take waaay too long for the size of the area.
Is there no way to have something automatically get rid of it, or have some machine do it while I work on other stuff?

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
A sickle clears a larger area than one hit. I think it's like, a 5x5 area centred on the one you break. It might be 3x3. Still, faster than doing it one at a time.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Oh?
I guess it must've not worked because I was on creative mode...well now I feel dumb. :p

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Just dump a bucket of water on the ground. Vanilla MC FTW :)

I usually level the ground first..
Yeah, i think I'll just have to level the ground, too many hills and holes anyways, won't look nice in the town I'm building. xP

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Wand of equal trade would work, I think. I don't use ee but it seems like I've seen people mass change blocks with it. Change a bunch of blocks to cobble then back to dirt... Those and the sickle, of course.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Wand of equal trade would work, I think. I don't use ee but it seems like I've seen people mass change blocks with it. Change a bunch of blocks to cobble then back to dirt... Those and the sickle, of course.

Thaumcraft not EE.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Wand of equal trade is thaumcraft 3. I thought ee3 had something similar, though. On my phone, sorry for not wording that very well.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Write a Turtle program in ComputerCraft to clear a meadow.
You can do that? :eek:
I've so much to learn from ComputerCraft!
(I only know the "Tunnel" command for mining turtles... xP

Well so far I've leveled a bunch of the area...there's still sooo much tall grass.

I've been leaving some fillers to destroy pretty much anything above a certain level and been trying to fill all lower levels within the area, but there's just so much, wish i could just disable tall grass completely like other stuff in some mods, or something.

Oh well, if anything, this will at least leave a nice flat land to build upon. :D

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah... Why not just have a filler fill it in one block higher than it is currently? The new dirt blocks are without high grass, yeah?