Easiest Way to Get Mystcraft Pages?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, so I was wondering what other people do to get Mystcraft pages. I seem to have trouble trying to find them.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe, but that's also because there is no "easy" way.

You can find pages as random loot in chests, or trade tons of shinies to villagers that sell those.
I don't find any of those particularly easy.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing is I'm being deadly serious. I don't cheat in my worlds except for the creatively spawned notebook.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you don't mind risking your neck, one way is to explore a age of any kind and look for structures with symbols in them. I plan on doing this once I get a stable supply of leather and ink.(well, just leather, Ink is easy to get, and often you'll find too damn many squids in the water everywhere)

Slaagathor

Jul 29, 2019
I traded emeralds until I thought I had a nice bunch of pages, then created a couple random ages until I got one that is flat, has the forgotten libraries and villages... now I think I have *most* of them, as well as a couple hundred duplicate pages

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you don't mind risking your neck, one way is to explore a age of any kind and look for structures with symbols in them. I plan on doing this once I get a stable supply of leather and ink.(well, just leather, Ink is easy to get, and often you'll find too damn many squids in the water everywhere)
I actually have like 20 stacks of leather but not very much ink. I guess I could just use a minium stone with some type of dye to get ink. So I'll get a Hazmat Suit and go into a random age and see what happens.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
Seconded.
Create random ages once in a position to do so. Once you have one you can bear to be in for an extended time go exploring for genned structures (ancient libraries?), taking appropriate precautions just in case you missed a dangerous instability.
Rinse and repeat. Probably the quickest and easiest way outside of creative, but not without its risks.

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019
Well my best bet is now an Advanced Jetpack with Quantum Helmet. And I have been mass producing Fire Resistance, Regen & heath potions. So let's see what happens.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Getting pages is extremely easy. Just make random ages until you find one where you're not constantly on fire or getting meteors thrown at you or something. After you find that, you just explore it and find those libraries(remember that they have hidden chests in them) until you've got enough pages to write a stable age. Then you write a stable age, and rinse and repeat until you have the pages you need.

You can honestly write whatever particular age you're looking for within a few hours if you get lucky on certain pages.

I would never, ever trade for a page unless the villagers have an extremely rare one that I felt that I needed.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I'm with Lambert on this. I love exploring in MC. But I'm not loading a billion chunks to find a couple pages. I'd say spawn the book in.

Reactions: Lambert2191

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
i also agree with lambert and djharts.

i already spend wayyyyyyy too much time designing automated mining systems and ore processing and sorting, and then a farming system and screwing around with bees, and designing/planning/laying out a base. i don't have the added time to track down mystcraft pages. if there's one "fault" with the mod (and fault is probably too strong a word), it's the tedium of finding pages. at least in my humble opinion. so yeah, i spawn in the creative book, and i don't feel one lick of guilt in doing so.

HeWhoGameZ

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... After exploring about 10 ages. I am clueless. So can anyone give me more info on these libraries? Like are they found underground or what do you look for? And it seems my Quantum Helmet doesn't do anything to any of the status effects.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, if you were to add up all the hours that you spend on one FTB world, the allotted time that you would have to spend to get enough pages to write a stable age wouldn't even show up on the damn chart.

It took me three hours of searching libraries to get all the pages I needed to write my first stable age. It probably wouldn't take more than ten to get all of the pages I'd ever need.

Compare that to the hundreds of hours that I'll spend on this world, and it's completely negligible. I mean, it's ultimately your choice if you want to do that or not, but at that point, why even play on a survival world?

Reactions: Jeff Fisher

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
you say, "to write a stable age" and you're absolutely right. it doesn't take a terribly long time (in the grand scheme of things) to simply write a stable age. but when you have specific constraints and want certain things out of an age, you start to need specific pages, and for me, that's where the tedium comes into play.

i'm just impatient, i suppose. :p

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
my computer isnt the best in the world, those 3-10 hours would be spent needlessly laggifying my game to the point where it is unplayable. So no, I'll not world hop to find pages, and I will not set up a laggy villager breeder. Fuck that. Mystcraft is a gorgeous mod but completely legit it is a bitch, a chore, a pain and a douchebag to subpar systems.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, fair enough.

I've got 3 gigs of RAM dedicated to Minecraft, and even I find myself having to restart my client pretty often if I do a lot of world hopping due to whatever memory leak seems to be occurring.

So, yeah, if you legitimately can't do it, then I get it.

Usually when I'm faced with situations like that, I just toss out something of equivalent value to compensate. But, that's just to make myself feel more 'legit'.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
my laptop has 6 gb of ram, but its a laptop, with intel integrashit video card. That is the ONLY problem with my comp :/