Early game quarrying

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
With all the new mods and such in the 1.7 packs, I'm curious what some early game automated mining options are. I started a turtle because that's supper cheap and how I normally start, but want to see if there are other cheap but effective methods?

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well all the options I know
Quarry, Quarry +, Ender Quarry for holes
Boring Machine and The thaumcraft thingy for tunnels
Digital Miner and BM ritual for sucking ores up
Turtles for stuff

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Well either you are not in beta and you can use the diamond block upgrade to get it to suck ores in a 64x64, or you are in beta and it still needs a crap load of balance and not worth trying :)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
The regular had a range of 7x7 upgradeable with mineral blocks. Diamond block would make it a 64x64

Now, to make a 64x64, you need terrae and orbis terrae at 1 reagent per 100 blocks

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
I personally hate computercraft because I'm far too dumb and lazy to use it. Op is in the mind if it's fun to set up and use it's awesome.

Sawney

Jul 29, 2019
Turtle mining program:
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/
You can set it to ignore blocks(like cobble, dirt, gravel), auto refuel, unloading of ores etc, and it automatically resumes the mining where it stopped after server restarts.

To me that use of CC is the definition of OP. I personally have done almost 0 work for unlimited mining. Some stone and glass then copy/paste something to never think about ores again. Maybe if I had the skill or desire to program it myself.. If I want it that easy I'm totally down with just cheating in what I want. Different strokes and all that I guess.