Solved Dynmap on Creeperhost

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Just moved my server from a shared hosting to Creeperhost and am much happier with the performance. But I need some help getting Dynmap to work.
I completed the following step:
Installed FTB Monster 1.1.0 using the Creeperhost installer and started a random world to verify it was working.
Using FTP I moved my entire server over excluding the dynmap web folder as that would be too large.
Started the server and got in the game, verified the world had copied over fine.
Tried to access dynmap at the IP and got the tiles/ folder.
After checking via ftp I found that it had not created all the files and folders in the web folder. So I transferred deleted the dynmap folder restarted the server and let it recreate everything. I can now access the map which is blank. I can see the world list, time of day and players. When I run a dynmap radiusrender 100 100 100 I get "Render of 100 block radius starting on world' but it never continues. It should give a count of the tiles completed and a 100 block render should complete in a minute or 2 but it just sits there. If I try another render it says one is already in progress. I can cancel the render and it responds to that.

Has anyone had any experience getting dynmap to work on Creeperhost. I am not using any plugins (No mcpc+, bukkit or anything) straight install of FTB server.

I also installed Apache + PHP on the VPS thinking they may be needed but no change.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
nm figured it out. My tps is bouncing around so need to get that sorted out first. Its pausing the render.
Alright, but that could be because creeper host is shade hosting as well. Just dedicated CPU cores but overall you are getting a fraction of the whole servers power. Unless of course if you are using a dedicated server.

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, but that could be because creeper host is shade hosting as well. Just dedicated CPU cores but overall you are getting a fraction of the whole servers power. Unless of course if you are using a dedicated server.
Yes this is true, but there are only 7 of us on the Spider Jockey package (2 cores, 3.5 GB of ram) and the tps is jumping all over the place. Panel shows CPU at 50% and memory at 48%. I think there is something odd going in Monster 1.1.0, maybe ATG. going to do some more research.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
That's probably something going on in game then, keep in mind though you only use 1 of those two cores as minecraft isn't able to use multiple threads. And if the CPU is measuring both cores at the same time you have 100% CPU usage.