DW20 server newby questions and concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunkyPic

Jul 29, 2019
Mornin'

I'll cut right to the chase. I have an acquaintance who's running a DireWolf20 server and asked me for a little help. I do have a fair amount of experience running 3 Tekkit servers, but truth be told, DW20 is completely new to me. Point is I want to make a few improvements to the server. Software wise. It's a small server, so far it has 5 people on it with a top peak estimate of 10 users. It's running on a Semi-dedicated machine, meaning that it's only used to host the server and nothing else but it's a local machine, not dedicated per se. 8 GB RAM, no idea about the CPU, I'll have to look into that.

So far I have in mind the following:
  • Replace the default *.jar with MCPC++ - as far as I know it's Spigot for forge. The server should see a nice TPS increase.
There are however a few conflicts with Mystcraft(which the owner intends to keep). From the Mystcraft page:

Code:
Weird Issues when using MCPC
MCPC has made changes to the Forge dimension system in order to allow compatibility with the Bukkit dimension system. These changes make it incompatible with Mystcraft.

Any way to work around that or just drop Mystcraft?

Related to Mystcraft - If I remember correctly, it will keep the spawn of the ages created loaded into memory. Which is bad. I could have sworn I saw a thread somewhere that had a patch for this. For the life of me I can't remember it...

• Apparently after replacing the default *.jar with MCPC++, chunk loaders don't work anymore. It seems to be a known bug, not sure if there's a fix for that. That sucks though.
  • I MAY look into java flags, although to be honest, experienced java programers have trouble with java startup flags so I odds are I'll just stick with the default flags.
In related news, we have a small crash related to ChickenChunks, ticking entities I believe it was:

Code:
    Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException at

codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.world.WorldExtensionManager.preTick(WorldExtensionManager.java:242)
    at codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.world.WorldExtensionManager.access$400(WorldExtensionManager.java:25)
    at  codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.world.WorldExtensionManager$WorldExtensionServerTickHandler.tickStart(WorldExtensionMana    ger.java:157)
      at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickStart(SingleIntervalHandler.java:16)
      at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:120)
      at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:296)
      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:664)
      at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
      at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
      at fy.run(SourceFile:849)

The only work around I was able to find was either replace ChickenChunks with Immbis + World Anchors or remove WirelessRedstone. Personally I'd go for the second one myself. If anybody has suggestions, have at it.

• The annoying and dreaded:
Code:
    [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Keeps popping up. Anybody have any idea what causes this? If I remember correctly from the old tekkit days, it was related to the TPS of the server going down severely. It could range from too many items in a area to software problems, but nothing specific. It may be different for DW20.

And that's about all I know and can think of to do.
To sum up:

- Replace default jar with MPCP++
- Look into java startup flags
- Fix that damn problem with ChickenChunks
- Look into the:"[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" error. Although doubt I can do anything about it.

If you guys know any other tweaks PLEASE let me know. I could use all the help I can get.

P.S. Is it possible to get plugins like Essentials and so on while running on Forge? Honestly these seem like stupid questions even to me. As I said, really new at this whole DW20 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.