[DW20 pack] Nifty multi-mod blaze loop

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I found it's possible to get unlimited blaze rods, without even visiting the nether.
It goes like this:
1. Find a couple of cinderpods in a desert, break them to collect at least 2 blaze powder. (Thaumcraft)
2. Use a minium stone to craft the 2 blaze powder into 1 blaze rod. (Equivalent Exchange)
3. Use the pulverizer to turn the blaze rod into 4 blaze powder. (Thermal Expansion)

Combining this with use of the igneous extruder to get obsidian, and turning iron into ender pearls makes ender chests pretty simple to obtain. :D

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Oh boy, the infinite EMC exploits are here already and we don't even have EMC yet XD
Well basically that how it worked in the old days.. The method he uses now..

But back then the Blaze rods were worth emc... Not sure what the point of unlitmited blaze rods are now..

What you using the blaze rods for ethrnaldensity?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Well basically that how it worked in the old days.. The method he uses now..

But back then the Blaze rods were worth emc... Not sure what the point of unlitmited blaze rods are now..

What you using the blaze rods for ethrnaldensity?
they can be burned in a generator for infinite EU

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
But its not infin
they can be burned in a generator for infinite EU

But its not infinite.. SInce the Minium stone breaks after so many uses.. And you only get those from mobs.. Rare.

Better source of energy would be lava from the nether..

Just curios.. In all actuallity its just dam fun to do things the way you want. ;)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
But its not infin

But its not infinite.. SInce the Minium stone breaks after so many uses.. And you only get those from mobs.. Rare.

Better source of energy would be lava from the nether..

Just curios.. In all actuallity its just dam fun to do things the way you want. ;)
Yeah that's true. depends on how the philosopher stone and EMC end up working whether this is problematic or not XD

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't actually made any IC stuff yet in my world, so I'm not using blaze rods for EU. And in addition to the minium stone damage, running the pulverizer costs MJ (or you could use the macerator) so it's not a free loop if you're not using the blaze rods for power. However, as I mentioned, blaze rods are a component of ender chests (you need 4 per chest) and this is a way to get plenty without fighting blazes.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't actually made any IC stuff yet in my world, so I'm not using blaze rods for EU. And in addition to the minium stone damage, running the pulverizer costs MJ (or you could use the macerator) so it's not a free loop if you're not using the blaze rods for power. However, as I mentioned, blaze rods are a component of ender chests (you need 4 per chest) and this is a way to get plenty without fighting blazes.

Ah that makes sense then.. because ender chest rules.. And you can never have enough of those babies. :) And now I know why you mentioned the ender pearl... I need those so badly.. I harldy get them from enderman now it seems. lol.

Reactions: EternalDensity

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed! I'm currently trying to set up a system to take cans of oil from my oil well and get them to my refinery via ender chests, and then get the empties back. It's a bit trickier than I'd hoped, but I'm fairly new to automation.

Forgot to mention: a nice bonus of pulverizing the blaze rods is a chance at sulfur. (I haven't looked up what that's for yet)

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed! I'm currently trying to set up a system to take cans of oil from my oil well and get them to my refinery via ender chests, and then get the empties back. It's a bit trickier than I'd hoped, but I'm fairly new to automation.

Forgot to mention: a nice bonus of pulverizing the blaze rods is a chance at sulfur. (I haven't looked up what that's for yet)

If its giving you too much of a problem you can try railcraft Loaders for oil too.. it matters if you have Mystcraft or not.. You can shorten the route the rails take with portals... You can shorten it so much you can make the whole system with 1 railcrart, 2 crystal portals, 2 link books (set them up were the systems are) and about 6 regular railcraft tracks.. And 2 Cart Holder tracks. And of course the storage system on both ends..

profit. lol.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
That's basically how it's always worked with EE, i'd kind of hoped pahimar would just remove the blaze rod recipes altogether to try and fix this, but apparently, I was wrong.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Pahimar did say something cryptic at some point (I think it was in the MC forum thread) that the Blaze Rod dupe trick wasn't going to work with his finished system. I'm not sure how he plans to manage that.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I think he plans to fix that by just halving the EMC value of blaze rods. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
If its giving you too much of a problem you can try railcraft Loaders for oil too.. it matters if you have Mystcraft or not.. You can shorten the route the rails take with portals... You can shorten it so much you can make the whole system with 1 railcrart, 2 crystal portals, 2 link books (set them up were the systems are) and about 6 regular railcraft tracks.. And 2 Cart Holder tracks. And of course the storage system on both ends..

profit. lol.
I've got Mystcraft but I haven't done any cow or chicken breeding yet so I haven't actually started visiting any ages left.
I do have it getting the full buckets into the ender chest just fine (using buckets for now simply because I happened to have a lot already), I've just got to get it to get the oil from the enderchest to the refinery and the empty buckets back through another set of enderchests into the liquid transposer.

Or maybe I should just give up on living on the island I spawned on and move everything (which isn't too much yet) to the mainland, since I hate having to explore by boat. (Starting on an island with no trees apart from 2 silverwoods doesn't make for a fun start :p)

I think he plans to fix that by just halving the EMC value of blaze rods. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
What would that solve?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
First, you don't have to be offensive. Second, halving the value of the Blaze Rod rather than the Blaze Powder would make the duping even easier due to giving the Blaze Powder more mileage. Third, his wording made it sound like his system is going to be adaptive, not that he would be tweaking individual values to solve it.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
First, you don't have to be offensive. Second, halving the value of the Blaze Rod rather than the Blaze Powder would make the duping even easier due to giving the Blaze Powder more mileage. Third, his wording made it sound like his system is going to be adaptive, not that he would be tweaking individual values to solve it.
Sorry, didn't mean to be rude, and I meant blaze powder, not blaze rods. Whoops. But I suppose that will also leave the red power cow milking system.

laton95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even need the Minium stone. Top teir blaze spawner hooked up to a mob trap + transposer going directly into a generator = awesome

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like an interesting way to start up a solid fuel boiler, that's about it though.

Minium stones aren't super reliable since they break. I suppose you could probably gain them faster than you lose them with a high tier soul shard, but the time you spent doing that could be better spent setting up automation that can do the exact same thing without your input.